Does transmission work offline?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
time-bandit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:03    Post subject: Does transmission work offline? Reply with quote
Hi,

Just want to know if this works properly and if it will do my downloading while my computer is turned off but router/modem is left on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2veXnPqIo

Thanks again.
Sponsor
time-bandit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
up
ph03n!x
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
time-bandit wrote:
up

Couldn't check the video, great firewall of my workplace...

If you are asking whether transmission will download your torrents without a computer being turned-on, yes - that is the whole purpose of having transmission in the router. You need a USB storage device - a HDD or flash drive with adequate storage space for saving the files. Add the torrent, save it in the USB drive, close the browser and turn off the computer. As long as the router is not switched off, and internet connection is available, transmission will do its thing and download your torrents.
time-bandit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
ph03n!x wrote:
time-bandit wrote:
up

Couldn't check the video, great firewall of my workplace...

If you are asking whether transmission will download your torrents without a computer being turned-on, yes - that is the whole purpose of having transmission in the router. You need a USB storage device - a HDD or flash drive with adequate storage space for saving the files. Add the torrent, save it in the USB drive, close the browser and turn off the computer. As long as the router is not switched off, and internet connection is available, transmission will do its thing and download your torrents.

Thanks heaps for your reply being new to all this I was not sure if it would work if I had my machine turned off this is just what I am after!!

Thanks again really appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: