Best Router within 2k & also support with DD-WRT

surya_sapui
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 17:00    Post subject: Best Router within 2k & also support with DD-WRT Reply with quote
I am looking for the best router on the market as of today within 2k to 2.5k that is compatible with DDWRT.
best in feature, range.

kindly help to choose
Sponsor
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure which currency you're referring to, but the TP-Link Archer C7 v2 has treated me quite well. While it doesn't have the processor/ram/flash of some of the newer broadcom routers, it is quite capable, with 16mb flash and 128mb ram. It's got anything you could want in the DD-WRT build, from VPN to DLNA. I've been experimenting with adding Ad-Block as well, which is always nice. Add in 2 usb ports (though neither is 3.0) and it is quite capable and expandable for about 100usd. Oh, and the range on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz is outstanding.
surya_sapui
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
mwbuss8 wrote:
I'm not sure which currency you're referring to, but the TP-Link Archer C7 v2 has treated me quite well. While it doesn't have the processor/ram/flash of some of the newer broadcom routers, it is quite capable, with 16mb flash and 128mb ram. It's got anything you could want in the DD-WRT build, from VPN to DLNA. I've been experimenting with adding Ad-Block as well, which is always nice. Add in 2 usb ports (though neither is 3.0) and it is quite capable and expandable for about 100usd. Oh, and the range on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz is outstanding.

i mean within 30$ to 35$ prefer good wifi router
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
The TP-Link TL-WR1043nd is sometimes on sale for close to that. I think it's usually around $45. It's a 2.4ghz gigabit router that says it's N300, but it's actually N450. It also has a USB port. 8mb flash and 64mb ram could be better, but it's good for the price range. It's also good enough to get most features of DD-WRT, and with the USB, you can do whatever you want with opt-ware. Stay away from v1. V2 is a phenomenal value. They look different and have a very different chipset.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: