General Process of my upgrade and a few questions on builds

Spawnny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 14:48    Post subject: General Process of my upgrade and a few questions on builds Reply with quote
This is a "general" non-specific question about the process here. I am generally new to DD-WRT and just trying to get acclimated here.

Now, I am experienced in rooting and flashing my android phone, and I am using this as a similar situation.

I have a DLink D-Link DIR-615 I1.

I have put this on my network and flashed it. I have it running, works great. Kudos to the developers...I really mean it.

NOW...the firmware I flashed was v24 PreSP2 [Beta] Build: 21061, of 2013-04-22.

My questions are as follows (art of them are on how new builds are done):

1 - Was this build the last official build for this device?
2 - Are builds as a whole "universal", meaning a single build works, are are each device getting different builds as time goes on?
3 - Is there a good place, to check out beta builds (I might have missed it). I have seen this link with a new build on Atheros hardware, which I believe my router is based off of.

As you can tell, I am curious on how the constant build process goes on the firmware itself and how I can confirm its "specifically" works on my router (regardless of bugs, different issue).

Thanks for all your time, just wanted to get into sync here and possibly give comments, etc...
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: