Which method is recommended to reset to factory defaults?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
petiso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 17:26    Post subject: Which method is recommended to reset to factory defaults? Reply with quote
Hi!
I'm about to upgrade firmware on my TP Link 941NDv3, and documentation recommends to reset to factory defaults the router before upgrade. If I'm not wrong, there is 4 methods to do this:

1) 30-30-30 reset
2) Press 30 seconds reset button
3) "erase nvram" command
4) Press "Reset to factory defaults" at web gui

Is there any "safer" method for this router? For me, "erase nvram" command is the simplest, but it is exactly the same than the others?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
resetting before or after updating it is not needed, it never was (only a FEW broadcoms needed it), personal belief/opinion makes some do it anyway. see the new build threads, many dont reset & are problem free any problems they do have arent fixed by resetting. all 4 methods do the same thing as this all was said by the head developer himself, again personal belief/opinion makes some say otherwise, some even think u need "triple 60" now..restore factory defaults or erase nvram, reboot, are the fastest by far

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: