Mi424wr - entered incorrect wan mac address in redboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
miatawnt2b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 18:16    Post subject: Mi424wr - entered incorrect wan mac address in redboot Reply with quote
I have DDWRT installed, and the Wifi and LAN work properly, but the WAN can't grab an address from the provider. DDWRT system info page shows the WAN and Wireless MAC are identical. So I think I probably messed up the fconfig when in redboot during the install.

Can someone guide me how to fix this? I can't telnet to 192.168.1.1 9000 even during initial boot.

-J
Sponsor
mrverbal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 16:55    Post subject: Re: Mi424wr - entered incorrect wan mac address in redboot Reply with quote
miatawnt2b wrote:
I have DDWRT installed, and the Wifi and LAN work properly, but the WAN can't grab an address from the provider. DDWRT system info page shows the WAN and Wireless MAC are identical. So I think I probably messed up the fconfig when in redboot during the install.

Can someone guide me how to fix this? I can't telnet to 192.168.1.1 9000 even during initial boot.

-J

I too would like to know how to get back into redboot and reflash back to stock image because I just realized I could just use moca.

Please somebody!
miatawnt2b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I figured this out. Static address your ethernet interface on your machine to 192.168.1.100. Open a terminal and set up a continuous ping to 192.168.1.1. Turn off your router and plug in the ethernet to either the wan port or a lan port depending on your router rev.

Turn on the router and watch your ping. What you will see almost immediately after you turn the router on is about 3-4 echo replies from 192.168.1.1. This is when redboot is active. Ping will stop after 3-4 pings, which is when ddwrt starts to boot.

So... as soon as you see the first of those pings, press and hold the reset button for about 2 seconds then release. If you get it right, the pings will keep going which tells you that you've halted the boot process at redboot.

At that point you should be able to telnet to 192.168.1.1 9000.

I found somewhere (can't remember if it was a forum post or wiki) on the open-wrt side of the house that explained how to reinstall stock firmware from redboot.
-J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: