n00b questions, motorola surfboard sb612*

spydergto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:35    Post subject: n00b questions, motorola surfboard sb612* Reply with quote
hello,

so comcast pissed me off so i returned their arriss modem / router which was junk and picked up a sb612* and a buffalo ddwrt WZR-1750DHPD . gotta say i love this thing.

my old set up which died was two linksys wrt54g's v6 and v8 , no longer working for some odd reason , very old micro's.

I used them to remote monitor cameras at my house. i am in need of figuring out what must i do to regain this same level of access. the surfboard is only a modem and does not have port forwarding.

Im slightly confused as to what to do , is what i need bridging ? mac cloning the ddwrt to the same as the surfboard ? or something else ?

please tell me what i need to read....

thank you
Sponsor
spydergto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
i fixed it lols ... theres another thread here started by someone else where i also followed up with questions and tried to get this ironed out. i have no idea how i eventually got it fixed and working. i did contact comcast and inquire to get the ports opened. the SB i have does not have the ability to change sh*t in its config page at all there is NOTHING i can change. somehow after keep working at it i got it all up and working i have remote management from outside with ddns i have access to security cameras and ftp server with external hdd ...

if anyone else gets stuck pm reply or email me here ill get back when i can and help as i can but if your noobish more than me it might be easier to just buy a more expensive cable modem with the features you expect.

powering the modem on and off seemed to do the trick for some weird reason , i kept checking ports 21 and it was always closed then it was open after a power cycle .. weird , i didnt change anything ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: