Wndr4500 Samba Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
davidpiedra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 15:52    Post subject: Wndr4500 Samba Problem Reply with quote
Hello, I have a Netgear wndr4500 v2 with one of the may builds, I think r26866.

I activate samba and configure it with no problem, but when I try to copy a "big" file, from 300mb onwards, the copy stops after a while and dont end. Gives an 0x8007045D error on windows.

Smaller files like songs and other and other copy perfect.

Does anybody have any idea what this can be?

Thanks
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
My experience with Samba on router when transferring large file is that it causes the load average to go up very high >2 and eats up all the RAM space. It does cause some problem with my F5D8235-4 v2, kind of frozen the router and need to reboot. I have another router WNR3500L v2 from Netgear, with 128M RAM like WNDR4500, I can see that it need to use the swap partition. BTW, what Windows are you using and have you tried other PC and see if it gets the same error too? If your dd-wrt build for WNDR4500 support swap partition, I suggest you set up a swap partition on your usb drive and activate it and see if it helps but it won't fix the high load average issue or speed up the file transfer.

Please note that I am using Tomato Shibby for my WNR3500L v2.
davidpiedra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks.
I'm using Windows 7, haven't tried other computer, but will try using a ubuntu live cd (haven't thought that Embarassed). Actually I set a swap partition, but didn't know if it is active, I was hoping that like the other partitions it will be mounted automatically, will check that too.

David
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check this wiki: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linux_SWAP

There is a section at the end of the wiki that talks about how to check the RAM and SWAP. Telnet/SSH to the router and enter free to see how many memory is available for RAM and SWAP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: