R8000 development

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
tmo1138
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
I'll see if I can devote some time to it this week.

I ordered some more radio jacks so I can add one to the R8000 otherwise it is not easy for me to quickly hook it up and run a test.

+1 to the gratitude..

And I'll see if I can drum up some extra gift money in the budget for you this month too.
Sponsor
Lucio666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
is possible work with wireless bridge with 2 x R8000?
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
new Kong build for R8000 - http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Before people start reporting wireless bugs:-)

I should probably mention that the R8000 technically can't use mid band channels in 5Ghz. Thus you will only see certain channels for WL1 and WL3.

If you use it in repeater/client mode for 5G, you should remember, that your AP needs to either use lower or higher channels, otherwise the R8000 won't even see them.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
techiesjc wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

I ordered some more radio jacks so I can add one to the R8000 otherwise it is not easy for me to quickly hook it up and run a test.

Thanks Kong! I just sent over a "donation" to help with router, parts and other stuff you may need. Let us know if you need more!

Couldn't miss that one. Thanks!
tmo1138
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
new Kong build for R8000 - http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

YAY!!
Kasper-pa-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well... I logged in and ran ddup --flash-latest

Everything ran fine and updated normally. Router rebooted, and now only wireless connections work! No Devices plugged in are getting dhcp leases, only wifi clients. Anyone else having issues with latest build? Was hoping to not have to reset defaults and reconfigure..... Writing this from iPad. Rebooted router few times now, no change, only wifi seems to work..

UPDATE:

Rolling back to 26365 and everything is back to normal, all connections work fine.

Tried reflashing via web interface. NO LAN connections again only wireless. Had to revert back to 26365.
tmo1138
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kasper-pa- wrote:

Everything ran fine and updated normally. Router rebooted, and now only wireless connections work! No Devices plugged in are getting dhcp leases, only wifi clients. Anyone else having issues with latest build? Was hoping to not have to reset defaults and reconfigure..... Writing this from iPad. Rebooted router few times now, no change, only wifi seems to work..

UPDATE:

Rolling back to 26365 and everything is back to normal, all connections work fine.

Tried reflashing via web interface. NO LAN connections again only wireless. Had to revert back to 26365.

Probably best to hold off until a few others try this one out..
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kasper-pa- wrote:

UPDATE:

It#s a general rule, that you have to reset if you experience strange issues in basic features.
maybeonly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:47    Post subject: LAN ports don't work on an R8000 Reply with quote
DD-WRT v3.0-r27525M (07/21/15) kongac

I just flash this version on a new R8000 (flash .chk file then flash the newest bin dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_R8000.bin)

I started to configure the router
After changing its default password, I changed its LAN IP, then saved & rebooted it

I can't connect to the router via lan ports. It seems that I can't receive any package from the lan port, but the LED of the port which I'm using is on.

But the Wifi works well.
What happened?

Thanks a lot.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed on my R8000.

Works great right out of the gate.
Using it as my main router now, with an R7000 as an AP, also running Kong's build. Both are working extremely well.

One note, I couldn't connect to the second 5ghz radio, until I changed settings to :

mode: mixed
channel: auto
ht - 40/40
upper
Kasper-pa-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

It#s a general rule, that you have to reset if you experience strange issues in basic features.

100% understand Smile

I was just hoping for a quick clean update, as I did not want to reconfigure everything. I'm heading out of town for a few weeks and the wife would be none to happy with me if I broke the network Wink

But as always, thank you for all the work you do Kong!!
techiesjc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
techiesjc wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Thanks Kong! I just sent over a "donation" to help with router, parts and other stuff you may need. Let us know if you need more!

Couldn't miss that one. Thanks!

Always welcome and thanks for your support!! I have KongAC builds on several R6250' R6300, R7000 and R8000 - really appreciate the DD-WRT V3 support now!
techiesjc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
Flashed on my R8000.

Using it as my main router now, with an R7000 as an AP, also running Kong's build. Both are working extremely well.

One note, I couldn't connect to the second 5ghz radio, until I changed settings to :

ht - 40/40
upper

Did you do an "erase nvram && reboot" on the R8000? I'm going to do this on my 2 R8000s later today (one main GW, one remote AP). More later!
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
techiesjc wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
Flashed on my R8000.

ht - 40/40
upper

Did you do an "erase nvram && reboot" on the R8000? I'm going to do this on my 2 R8000s later today (one main GW, one remote AP). More later!

Always.

Other then that one Anomaly, the R8000 and R7000(AP) running Kong's current builds are working extremely well together.

Thanks very much Kong !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 30
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: