[SOLVED] Bricked with 06-15-2015-r27297 !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
leonanu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 13:50    Post subject: [SOLVED] Bricked with 06-15-2015-r27297 !!! Reply with quote
I have two routers, Netgear R7000 and D-Link DIR-868L Rev.A

Today, after I update the two routers to 06-15-2015-r27297, both of them are fail to start! And I can't boot with 30-30-30 method!

Now, the two routers are dead! bricked!

How can I recover my routers!?

Last edited by leonanu on Sun Jun 21, 2015 15:06; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
with tftp recovery

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 14:13    Post subject: Re: Bricked with 06-15-2015-r27297 !!! Reply with quote
leonanu wrote:

Today, after I update the two routers to 06-15-2015-r27297, both of them are fail to start! And I can't boot with 30-30-30 method!

what is wrong with his build...!!!

bricked an r7000 and an e3000... had luck that I did not flashed here the e4200 as well..

so now both are dead....

recommend that NOBODY is flashing here this build on linksys and r7000 at least...

any guide for recover of r7000 and e3000... hope this will work here at all some recover.
leonanu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
with tftp recovery

I have tried tftp. Didn't work!
mestresan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
the same with my archer c9 ... totally bricked !

oh shit!
leonanu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
terrible version!what should we do??
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
just debrick it with tftp. its not hard. problem is fixed already on my server. new build will come tomorrow. so far you may use a older build.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
just debrick it with tftp. its not hard. problem is fixed already on my server. new build will come tomorrow. so far you may use a older build.

THX I'll try again.
Jerky_san
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

It would appear that the R7000's do the TFTP boot piece and respond to pings for about 10-15 times but will never accept the commands to do the flash.. Tried it with with tftp and with tftp software provided by netgear themselves.. Going to try serial soon.
leonanu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

tftp failed! when ping is OK, I put firmware via tftp. but got timeout always. anyother way to recovery?
Jerky_san
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

I sharked the comms between my laptop and the router trying to do tftp says "Read Request, File: vmlinuz, Transfer type: octet"

Dunno why it says read request I'm clearly doing a put.
dreammaster1975
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jerky_san wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

I sharked the comms between my laptop and the router trying to do tftp says "Read Request, File: vmlinuz, Transfer type: octet"

any luck here with the recovery?

I don't, I still both router bricked! Linksys E3000 and Netgear R7000, no way to get send any package via TFTP... so who did a recovery of an E3000 and or an R7000 with success?
Jerky_san
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
dreammaster1975 wrote:
Jerky_san wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

any luck here with the recovery?

I don't, I still both router bricked! Linksys E3000 and Netgear R7000, no way to get send any package via TFTP... so who did a recovery of an E3000 and or an R7000 with success?

Dream I can sorta help you with the R7000. Basically I've tried everything that I know to make TFTP work by itself.. So far nothing works. So I'd suggest you start reading up on how to crack the case of the R7000 open and start doing a serial connection that allows you to control the bootloader. Basically atleast mine is in the state of the bootloader starting. The only problem is that it doesn't want to allow me to just send the firmware to it via tftp client. Instead it wants it on a server. So I put it on a TFTP server but my guess is it doesn't know what to do with it once it downloads.

Anyways the great KONG has posted on another site how to use a serial connection to access the R7000 and fix it(hopefully).
http://myopenrouter.com/article/how-debrick-or-recover-netgear-r7000-r6300v2-or-r6250-wi-fi-routers

I just opened my R7000 open(it has 4 screws under the little rubber feet and one in the middle) Luckily mine has the jumpers already on the board so all I need is the USB serial connector. I can't find mine so I ordered one from amazon. KONG talks about that in the article. After you get it all plugged up to your comp you can tell it to download the Firmware and you should be golden after that.
dreammaster1975
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Dream I can sorta help you with the R7000. Basically I've tried everything that I know to make TFTP work by itself.. So far nothing works. So I'd suggest you start reading up on how to crack the case of the R7000 open and start doing a serial connection that allows you to control the bootloader. Basically atleast mine is in the state of the bootloader starting. The only problem is that it doesn't want to allow me to just send the firmware to it via tftp client. Instead it wants it on a server. So I put it on a TFTP server but my guess is it doesn't know what to do with it once it downloads.

Anyways the great KONG has posted on another site how to use a serial connection to access the R7000 and fix it(hopefully).
http://myopenrouter.com/article/how-debrick-or-recover-netgear-r7000-r6300v2-or-r6250-wi-fi-routers

I just opened my R7000 open(it has 4 screws under the little rubber feet and one in the middle) Luckily mine has the jumpers already on the board so all I need is the USB serial connector. I can't find mine so I ordered one from amazon. KONG talks about that in the article. After you get it all plugged up to your comp you can tell it to download the Firmware and you should be golden after that.

I found that as well and ordered yesterday the USB FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 in order to stop right after the bootloader.
Hope that will work. Would be bad if the R7000 is fully bricked and unusable.
cannedchaos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 14:14    Post subject: Re: Bricked with 06-15-2015-r27297 !!! Reply with quote
leonanu wrote:

Leonanu, have you tried the D-Link recovery mode on your 868L? Might be worth trying to see if you can bring it back to stock this way.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.0
I believe that 30-30-30 does not work on these dlink routers.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: