Repeater Bridge with TP-Link WR740N and WR741ND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
swulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 0:29    Post subject: Repeater Bridge with TP-Link WR740N and WR741ND Reply with quote
I am trying to follow the instructions https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge#Qualcomm_Atheros for setting up Repeater Bridge mode between a TP-Link WR740N and a WR741ND. Both are running dd-wrt:

* Primary Router: TP-Link TL-WR740N v4: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/19/15) std - build 26947M

* Secondary Router: TP-Link TL-WR741ND v4: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - build 21061

The 'Qualcomm Atheros' section of the Repeater Bridge page warns 'Be using a build no older than r27378; if you are, then get up to date first before proceeding! Please ignore most other info on this page, it is outdated info for Broadcom units. Qualcomm Atheros units have it simple, & trying to follow most other things outside of this QCA section will result in problems.'

I'm assuming the build # of the WR741ND (21061) is 'older' than 'r27378' - is that right?

The 'Router Database' page for the WR741ND 4.0 only points to one build 'v24 PreSP2 [Beta] Build: 21061, so if this is older than the one needed, am I out of luck?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: