QoS: does Netmask Priority override Ethernet Port Priority

FriscoBJ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 19:19    Post subject: QoS: does Netmask Priority override Ethernet Port Priority Reply with quote
I'm running dd-wrt v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mini on an ASUS RT-N12 with no problems.

The router is set to 192.168.2.1 and DHCP is set to assign IP addresses starting at 192.168.2.100. All devices connect via DHCP.

I want to use QoS set all my wireless devices to Bulk priority but have all my Ethernet devices set to Exempt. My question is whether or not setting my Netmask Priority to 192.168.2.0/28/Bulk and my Ethernet Port Priorities to Exempt accomplishes that.

I searched all the documentation and could find no description of the order in which Netmask Priority, MAC Priority and Ethernet Port Priority are applied.
Sponsor
Mile-Lile
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
The order the precedence is as follows:
(1st) MAC Priority
(2nd) Netmask Priority
(3rd) Interface Priority
(4th) Services Priority
(5th) Ethernet Port Priority

Quote:
NOTE: Ethernet Port Priority only works on old 802.11g only models with ADMtek switch chips. If you don't have ethernet port priority listed, your router does not support it. Ethernet port priority is different than interface priority.

Quote:
fabionik2004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 14:45    Post subject: how to set network mask Reply with quote
Hello guys,
I've a question conerning the qos.
In my network there is a main router with dhcp enabled, and more 6 routers that work as Wifi AP.
There are some IP cameras too wired to the AP and I've got a problem with one of the IP Cam because some time it is unreachable. I thought to set the qos to give the priority to this Ip Cam or in general to all ip cams and I would like to do it trough the Ip address.
Could you help me to set correctly my qos?
And another question, I should set it in every AP or only in the main router?
Thank you
h8red
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 16:09    Post subject: Re: how to set network mask Reply with quote
fabionik2004 wrote:
I've got a problem with one of the IP Cam because some time it is unreachable

Update camera firmware and test cables. This might be a problem from my experience
BTW: is it wifi camera?

[Ramips] Nexx WT3020F Openwrt @kernel #4.14.167 (OpenVPN server, Wireguard server, AD blocking, SQM QOS, USB)
fabionik2004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are not update available, the cameras are wired to the A
h8red
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
fabionik2004 wrote:
There are not update available, the cameras are wired to the A

I guess QoS won`t help you if you cannot even access/ping the device. Try to hook camera with patch cable directly to the router and check

[Ramips] Nexx WT3020F Openwrt @kernel #4.14.167 (OpenVPN server, Wireguard server, AD blocking, SQM QOS, USB)
fabionik2004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
If i patch the camera to the main router it works well, but i think the problem is that normally is connected to an AP that is connect to a switch that is connected to another Switch that is connected to the main router, maybe there are many routes?
Normally the camera works all the time even when is connected to the AP but I noticed that there are problems when many people uses the Wifi APs.
Some time the result of ping is 500 ms or 1000 ms
fabionik2004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyway, in my networks I would like to give priority to all devices starting from 192.168.0.1 untill 192.168.0.80 which is my ipcameras routers etc., while from 192.168.0.81 is the DHCP for users.How cold I manage that?
Thank you
h8red
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Make routers subnet mask /25. Put users from x.x.x.128 and up. Use subnet QoS priority for the first subnet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: