Network unreachable by WiFi (sometimes), but not while wired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
nfh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 15:36    Post subject: Network unreachable by WiFi (sometimes), but not while wired Reply with quote
Hi,

I installed DD-WRT on my good old Asus RT-N10+ (B1) router.

I set it up as an access point, wired to my main router (from my ISP). It all seemed to be working OK until I noticed that although I was able to connect to my wireless network (from the Asus router), I couldn't access anything, not even the internal router configuration page.
Nonetheless, if I try to access the internal router configuration page through a device connected to my main router, I can get there without any problem whatsoever.

And what is more puzzling is the fact that this does not happen all the time. Sometimes the wifi connection on my Asus router is working perfectly (giving me access to the Internet) and all of the sudden it stops working.

Typically I get a "DEST HOST UNREACHABLE" message on my browser (or something similar) and if I try to ping some server, when I get a ping result it usually has a latency of several seconds (7000 or more millisec).

Any clue about what might be causing this?

Best regards.
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build version ?
nfh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using the "v24 PreSP2 [Beta] Build: 21061" release, which seems to be the only one available for this router.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope, latest build is 27490, see here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284137
User Specimen has the same router as you do and successfully flashed 27490:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=973632#973632

nfh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, I was not aware of that. I just searched for my router on the router database and downloaded the only available image there.

I'll make sure to check this one as soon as I get home from work.

Thank you for the tip!
nfh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, upgrading my router does not seem to make any difference on this issue Sad.
Network connectivity still does not work over WiFi (although I can connect to the WiFi network), but it works on a wired connection.

Chrome for Android reports this error when I try to access anything (including the router's internal page):
ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: