New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 27506 --- 07/09/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Netgear WNDR3800
Up 31 days straight, still working perfectly. This is arguably the best, most stable build for this router, hands down.

Sponsor
bleho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
This is arguably the best, most stable build for this router, hands down.

I agree, running here 27506 on a TL-WR841ND v9 with uptime since july. no problems at all.
waterlover81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
bleho wrote:
KrypteX wrote:
This is arguably the best, most stable build for this router, hands down.

I agree, running here 27506 on a TL-WR841ND v9 with uptime since july. no problems at all.

Running 27506 here on a TL-WR841N v9 with no issues at all. QOS, guest network, firewall, all running very well.
rseiler
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
A few of you mentioned wifi that just stops working over time until you reboot the router.

Any settings to workaround that? I'm seeing it with 2.4Ghz, but I know someone mentioned 5Ghz, too.
waterlover81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
rseiler wrote:
A few of you mentioned wifi that just stops working over time until you reboot the router.

Any settings to workaround that? I'm seeing it with 2.4Ghz, but I know someone mentioned 5Ghz, too.

First thing I try is change wifi channel. Interference can pop a wifi, my home network will pop on channel 6; a bluetooth keyboard and mouse are suspected. That wifi network now lives happily on channel 10.

You can schedule automatic reboots under [administration > keep alive] i have not experienced wifi quitting, only decreased free ram (and increased remote lag times) with uptime. I think it may be the dnsmasq cache that slowly builds up and eats away at my ram but that's just a guess, those would be the settings I would try changing. But I am content with nightly reboots and haven't hunted for it. This issue is on my home router, which has a main and a guest wifi, firewalled, with QOS running, and between 8 and 15 wireless clients on average connected at any time. So it is fairly busy for a home network.

[ TP-Link WR841N v9.2 --> DD-WRT 27506 ][ TP-Link WR841N v9.3 --> DD-WRT 27506 ][ TP-Link WR841ND v8.2 --> DD-WRT 27506 ]
rseiler
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
waterlover81 wrote:
You can schedule automatic reboots under [administration > keep alive] i have not experienced wifi quitting, only decreased free ram (and increased remote lag times) with uptime. I think it may be the dnsmasq cache that slowly builds up and eats away at my ram but that's just a guess, those would be the settings I would try changing. But I am content with nightly reboots and haven't hunted for it. This issue is on my home router, which has a main and a guest wifi, firewalled, with QOS running, and between 8 and 15 wireless clients on average connected at any time. So it is fairly busy for a home network.

Yes, nightly reboots are a good idea as an attempt at a preventative measure, and I've long done that, but it's not enough anymore to prevent the problem here.

(Interestingly, just "applying settings" is sufficient to get wifi going again, but that's almost as disruptive as a reboot. So even if there were a way to frequently schedule whatever applying settings actually does when there are no settings changes--probably restarts various processes--it wouldn't be practical.)

I'm starting to look into tweaking some advanced wifi settings that others have recommended in the past, but it's a real scatter-shot approach.

I saw it happen yesterday only a few hours after a reboot, and there was only one wifi client using it (doing almost nothing), but I'm going to keep RAM/cache etc in mind anyway.

I also have main and guest wifi, but no QoS.
leafer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi.

I am new to the DD-WRT router usage. Getting some strange issues.

TP-Link WR1043NDv3. Flashed with r27506. Router-behind-Router. Want to use IPVanish. Placed new router WAN port into DMZ on old router. Can get PPTP to work, but not OpenVPN client.

IPVanish provides a reasonably good tutorial regarding setup. To keep things simple ... the key ERROR I see in "/var/log/messages" is as follows:

Quote:
Jan 1 00:00:08 DD-WRT daemon.warn openvpn[906]: DEPRECATED OPTION: --tls-remote, please update your configuration
Jan 1 00:00:08 DD-WRT daemon.notice openvpn[906]: Options error: --auth-user-pass fails with '/tmp/auth.conf': No such file or directory
Jan 1 00:00:08 DD-WRT daemon.err openvpn[906]: Options error: Please correct these errors.
Jan 1 00:00:08 DD-WRT daemon.warn openvpn[906]: Use --help for more information.

I tried to debug the complaint about missing "/tmp/auth.conf" file. The file is created in the STARTUP script and DOES exist with proper contents -- verified within a few minutes after reboot. HOWEVER ... two strange issues ...

1. If I use Administration/COMMANDS to manually create a file in "/tmp" and then do an "ls -l" of that file, it does not exist. If I "ls" the entire directory it turns out there appears to be a "?" as last character in the file name.

2. Since the above is *NOT* true of the "/tmp/auth.conf" filename created via STARTUP, and yet I get the error recorded in "/var/log/messages" -- I am wondering if there is a TIMING issue ? Does the set of STARTUP COMMANDS get executed too late ? ( A hint why I suspect this may be the case: IPVanish has an alternate full-script-based method ... within which the same file is created, together with all the other config/startup, and not "auth" error results. (It still ends up not working. )

Ask me for more info as needed.

Has anyone seen these issues as reported herein ?

TIA.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 15
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: