New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 27506 --- 07/09/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
jmfolcik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:19    Post subject: TP-Link TL-WR841ND v8 Reply with quote
TP-Link TL-WR841ND v8 working well. No issues with upgrade without setting reset (real basic config)

Works dandy with speedtest on my 12/1 Uverse internet.
Sponsor
tbdltee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27506 (07/09/15) std
Kernel: Linux 3.5.7.33 #4752 Thu Jul 9 01:33:49 CEST 2015 mips
Reset: No
Errors: No

Web upgrade from 27343 using firefox

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
@Deivs30
I don't see any issue with the ath1 (5GHz) rate. It's broadcasting @450 Mb/s, as it should on Archer C5 v1. Where's the problem ?

Did it work correctly on 27413 ? You don't report any errors with it here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=971702#971702

Thank You for answer. I don't know about previous releases, it's my old pc and I use it very rare. About 450 mb/s max speed on 5 Ghz WifiInfoView show different information.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Deivs30
Sorry, my mistake. On Archer C5, 1300 Mb/s is the correct value (3 streams x 433 Mb/s) on 5G.

slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
reboot after 1 hour 30 mins, not too bad, could still do with some work on the stability side.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
did u try with unbound off? (recursive dns resolve)

No I didn't. I figure that is what it is though... .......
I may tinker with it more afterlater to see for sure.
It's a bit disruptive to everyone right now if I keep rebooting main router Cool

Turning off Recursive DNS Resolving and reboot it is all well...... don't have
to re- 'Apply Settings' ...got to be some process loading issues I reckon.

maybe something in http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/26922 with startstop

Yea likely and might be dhcpd in the mix also. I created guest assigned br1 completely restricted (but for 1 IP) a couple builds back. Got to do more testing when I get in.

Removing everything associated with ath0.1 guest network did not have any affect on the 'unbound' loading issuse.

Even putting router IP in Static DNS 1 still will not do local DNS after a reboot if 'Recursive DNS Resolving'
is enabled -- until you 'Apply Settings'.... So that tells alot --- WTH, I'm going to leave it enabled cause I like it and
maybe BS will look into it someday besides the router has a 45 min BU power supply so it shouldn't ever be rebooted anyways Razz

EDIT: "will not do local DNS after a reboot..." I guess I should say it will
resolve its on name. That's the only way I ever connect -- clean cleared browser
It has always resolved its own name thru all this even when it won't resolve others.

under services -> services -> dhcp server do u have a lan domain name entered? if so is the used domain set to lan & wlan? local dns is fine for me + a wndr3700 v4

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded WZR-HP-G300NH from 24160 to 27506.

Reset: Yes

Bricked the router again as with the last firmware upgrade. This device has been bricked every time I try to upgrade it. Have to keep loading the Default Buffalo firmware via TFTP and then upgrading to the web version of the dd-wrt beta via the Buffalo native firmware. Note I had to use IE on the native Buffalo firmware screen to convert to dd-wrt but I used Firefox once dd-wrt was loaded. Note on Win 7 it took me hours to realize that you have to set your windows firewall to "off" or TFTP will not work. Otherwise follow the wiki with the commands:

arp -s 192.168.11.1 02-AA-BB-xx-yy-dd

(change to your own SSID password/MACID)

*** WINDOWS 7 FIREWALL SET OFF (go to Control Panel, Windows Firewall)

tftp -i 192.168.11.1 put wzrhpg300nh-176.enc

(have CMD opened to the directory where the enc resides)

Note that the 02-AA-BB-xx-yy-dd above is changed to be the stated wifi password that is printed on the device, which is the MAC ID on this device. The wiki is not that clear plus the firewall is a killer.

Get used to updating firmware by this tedious method if you own this less than forgiving device of a WZR-HP-G300NH

Also note that I renamed the downloaded file "wzrhpg300nh-176" to "wzrhpg300nh-176.enc" and I used a switch to connect the router directly to the laptop. These are not things that I know are absolutely required but things to try if nothing else will work for you. I also downloaded the free stop watch timer from Sourceforge and timed it to exactly 10 seconds.

Give the TFTP command at least a minute before you think it is not going to work. Also the firmware took 8 minutes to load. It only takes about a minute to load it into the device once TFTP takes off but it takes the device 8 minutes or so with a uniformly a blinking red light to self install and configure what was TFTPed there.

Additionally, in the Buffalo firmware you are warned not to unplug the device while there is a red light indicator, flashing or otherwise. Take heed of this regardless of the firmware being installed or you will be starting over. The red light is on solid right as you plug in the power and count 10. When TFTP has downloaded, the red light begins to flash uniformly for the 8 minute or so period. Then the top green light flashes, then the red one briefly, then the lights flash a bit and you will see the dd-wrt pop up in the available networks to know you are likely installed OK.

Do not forget to return and set off your customization in you Network Adapter IPv4 settings, changing the 192.168.11.1 to the Obtain Automatically "settings". Else you won't be able to get into the web configuration and might falsely believe the firmware had not upgraded.

Also do not forget to shut off any wifi connections while you are trying to TFTP to the device when you should be communicating only via Ethernet to the Buffalo.

OK, now 27506 seems to be working great for what I am using it for, an additional access point. I have not yet tried OpenVPN server on this FW but I hope to in the next few days. The wifi lock-ups I was seeing on 24160, which made me brave enough to attempt this new one, seem to have stopped occurring.

Edited: (From KrypteX
@donphillipe
That's some very needed info, would you please link in the WZR-HP-G300NH wiki http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-G300NH to your thread post above ? It might save some headaches...

Me: Download Buffalo user friendly firmware (revert to this when unit bricks): http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/download/wzrhpg300nh-176.zip (Note unzip and rename as I instructed above giving a file extension of .enc . Go through the firewall disable, arp, power on. 10 second wait and tftp commands to load this, wait 10 minutes until the light stops blinking then use IE to go to 192.168.11.1 and use the admin of stock firmware to load the buffalo to dd-wrt version of the dd-wrt .bin file. Be sure to wait till the red light stops blinking. Seeing SSID of dd-wrt in your Win available networks means it's time to go to 192.168.1.1 to configure dd-wrt. Good luck.

Last edited by donphillipe on Sun Jul 12, 2015 13:46; edited 2 times in total
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
@donphillipe
That's some very needed info, would you please link in the WZR-HP-G300NH wiki http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-G300NH to your thread post above ? It might save some headaches...

tsarig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: TP-LINK TL-WR841N V9.1
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27506 (07/09/15)
Kernel: Linux DD-WRT 3.18.17 #3481 Thu Jul 9 02:41:29 CEST 2015 mips GNU/Linux
Errors: WAN LED not working
Sad
gbonny
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: TP-Link Archer C5
Errors: No

Web upgrade from 27456 using firefox

BRCM WRT320N v1.0 27858 mega K3.10 - access point

Last edited by gbonny on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:29; edited 1 time in total
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

It's a bit disruptive to everyone right now if I keep rebooting main router Cool

Yea likely and might be dhcpd in the mix also. I created guest assigned br1 completely restricted (but for 1 IP) a couple builds back. Got to do more testing when I get in.

Removing everything associated with ath0.1 guest network did not have any affect on the 'unbound' loading issuse.

Even putting router IP in Static DNS 1 still will not do local DNS after a reboot if 'Recursive DNS Resolving'
is enabled -- until you 'Apply Settings'.... So that tells alot --- WTH, I'm going to leave it enabled cause I like it and
maybe BS will look into it someday besides the router has a 45 min BU power supply so it shouldn't ever be rebooted anyways Razz

resolve its on name. That's the only way I ever connect -- clean cleared browser
It has always resolved its own name thru all this even when it won't resolve others.

under services -> services -> dhcp server do u have a lan domain name entered? if so is the used domain set to lan & wlan? local dns is fine for me + a wndr3700 v4

Yes always had that setup for months.

WNDR3700 V4 27506
Using:
DNSMasq for DHCP
DNSMasq for DNS
DHCP-Authoritative
Recursive DNS Resolving,
Forced DNS Redirection
Used Domain LAN & WLAN
LAN Domain mrjcd
Local DNS
No DNS Rebind
Query DNS in Strict Order

23 static leases assigned

Works fine if you 'Apply Settings' after a reboot
-- that's the only issue I know of.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

WNDR3700 V4 27506
Using:
DNSMasq for DHCP
DNSMasq for DNS
DHCP-Authoritative
Recursive DNS Resolving,
Forced DNS Redirection
Used Domain LAN & WLAN
LAN Domain mrjcd
Local DNS
No DNS Rebind

is it just "mrjcd" with nothing after it?

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

fingerslip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:15    Post subject: Re: New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 27506 --- 07/09/2015 Reply with quote
Router: Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27506 (07/09/15) std
Kernel: Linux 3.10.83 #5634 Thu Jul 9 01:09:14 CEST 2015 mips

Reset: NO
Errors: NO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

WNDR3700 V4 27506
Using:
DNSMasq for DHCP
DNSMasq for DNS
DHCP-Authoritative
Recursive DNS Resolving,
Forced DNS Redirection
Used Domain LAN & WLAN
LAN Domain mrjcd
Local DNS
No DNS Rebind

is it just "mrjcd" with nothing after it?

Yea just mrjcd Devices all show up by there name with 'dot' preceeding mrjcd.
e.g.
http*break-link*://jcd-wds-north.mrjcd/ will take me to my furtherest WDS router.
Used this way always and on tomato routers and other offsite setups.
-----

I enabled 'Use NVRAM for client lease DB' a bit ago and did a reboot -- everything went to heck.
Lost all communication. Pulled it out and plugged into comper, would still give correct DHCP
but no http access. Telnet in and found
Code:
<6>[   27.050000] warning: process `unbound' used the deprecated sysctl system call with 1.40.6.

Don't remember seeing that before¿?
I just did an 'erase nvram'
Gonna put it back together and back in service and see what happens.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
try mrjcd.lan

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 15
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: