bridge on WRTU54G-TM????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bryanchewy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 13:49    Post subject: bridge on WRTU54G-TM???? Reply with quote
I have been searching for hours trying to see what I should do to get my house network working correctly.

Here's what i would like to do:

I have a cable modem connected to a WRTU54G-TM wirelss router from t-mobile @home(VOIP line).

I have a building about 150 feet from my house that has my office in it. i want another t-mobile @home VOIP line out there. I would like to have another WRTU54G-TM out there(with the 2nd VOIP line) to connect a computer and network printer and run my laptop wirelessly.

I also have a XBOX 360 that is wired to the network in my house. I want to optimize the LIVE game play. I know the WRTU54G-TM has QOS, or somehting, to optimize the VOIP, but can it also do that for the XBOX 360?

Please help me determine if a bridge is what would be best, or somehting else? Can these WRTU54G-TM do all this?

Thanks guys!!

Chewy
Sponsor
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
At 150 feet, for best problem free operation, a cable would be the best bet. However, if you wish to go wireless, you can do this so long as you can run dd-wrt on one of the units.... Can't recall which of the TMs was supported. Take a look at the Wiki about linking routers.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
bryanchewy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 21:45    Post subject: Wired isn't an option, but Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. Wired isn't an option, i wish i could.

I don't see my T-Mobile router on the list, the older one is, but this is the new one(silver).

I do have a dlink DI-624, but i only saw the 614 on the list.

I think i have a Buffalo router at the office i could use. there seems to be a ton of buffalo on the list.

If i have a buffalo that is on the list, could i use that out in the office space and connect wirelessly to the t-mobile in the house(using dd-wrt on the buffalo only)? Couldn't i just plug in the 2nd t-mobile router(with the wireless turned off and the router part turned off)into the buffalo then?

With that setup(if i have the right buffalo) would i lose speed on the network anywhere?

If i plug something new in out in the office, it should get its own ip address and all, correct?

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: