Can't hand out alternate DNS servers - Buffalo WZR-1750DHP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
spumonti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 17:06    Post subject: Can't hand out alternate DNS servers - Buffalo WZR-1750DHP Reply with quote
I recently purchased a Buffalo WZR-1750DHP which runs:

DD-WRT v24SP2- (06/12/14) - build 23709b

I'd like to hand out additional DNS servers to my clients but the section for "Static DNS 1, Static DNS 2, Static DNS 3" is missing.

I have a static address for my WAN connection and have manually configured the DNS servers there. For now, dnsmasq only hands out the router's IP address for the DNS server. I'm aware I could change these in dnsmasq.conf with dhcp option 6 but I'm not sure how to make those changes permanent.

Also, I'd prefer (if possible) to reinstate the GUI option to hand out DNS servers via DHCP. I did a factory reset and reconfigured everything but the "Static DNS 1", etc. is still not available.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. I've done searches for this but only find pages that tell you to fill in "Static DNS 1", etc.

buffalo-router-information.JPG
 Description:
Router information
 Filesize:  25.24 KB
 Viewed:  389 Time(s)

buffalo-router-information.JPG

buffalo-router-missing-static-dns.JPG
 Description:
Network section that shows missing Static DNS section.
 Filesize:  40.71 KB
 Viewed:  389 Time(s)

buffalo-router-missing-static-dns.JPG

Sponsor
spumonti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 19:27    Post subject: Can't hand out alternate DNS servers - Buffalo WZR-1750DHP Reply with quote
Never mind, I figured it out. Turns out that when you statically configure the "WAN" interface, the ability to hand out individual DNS servers via DHCP using the GUI is removed.

Before realizing this, I found another posting that provided a workaround. They suggested disabling "Use DNSMasq for DNS". When this was done, my DHCP clients were assigned the DNS servers I had statically configured for the WAN interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: