D-Link DIR615 Revision D4E Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
DentyheadSpen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 20:26    Post subject: D-Link DIR615 Revision D4E Help Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a flash file that will work with the DIR 615 revision D4E??
Tried ones posted up for D4 and at best all I got was not a valid file type off the upload option on the router.
Looking around on google there seems to be a common problem with this revision with Virgin Media installing there firmware on it, mine lists the firmware as ver1.0VM, guessing thats virgin media, tried numerous files listed for D4 with no luck, tried doing this via explorer and firefox with the same result, someone was helpful enough to point me to this section of the forum as the adaptor is ralink.
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Follow this wiki guide: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-615_rev_D3

I would try to flash directly 27506 ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/07-09-2015-r27506/dlink-dir615d/
Use the file: dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin

If it doesn't work, try to flash 23320, that one worked for me on my DIR-615 D2 - Virgin Media version: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/01-10-2014-r23320-fix/dlink-dir615d/
Then update to 27506; for any ddwrt-to-ddwrt updates, use the file dir615d-ddwrt-webflash.bin

bob8
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does base of your ex-Virgin Cable D4E look like this one I googled where D4E is quoted in the Part number, but the H/W Version is D4.

http://www.canvas-corte.co.uk/foxima/DLINK2.jpg

I'm sure the ex-Virgin D4 I used to own had D4E on the label, and I had no trouble loading DD-WRT firmware to it.

Fwiw, the D2 I am still using has D2G in the Part number, but the H/W version is D2. I am using build 25179 on it.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
@bob8
Yes, my D2 has a very similar sticker to yours. The important part is:
    H/W Ver.: D2 F/W Ver.: 1.00VG

meaning Hardware version and Firmware version, respectively.

DentyheadSpen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info guys, used one of the links to download the firmware, and i'm a complete and utter muppet I was trying to upload while connected to the internet port instead of LAN1! All sorted now just gotta find time to sort out the vpn settings for using ipvanish, preferably with the ethernet cable plugged in the right port! I've no idea why i was doing that :-p. Ddwrt uploaded fine and looks like its got plenty of options now i need to learn more about setting up Smile
Zaf0d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just an FYI that might help someone.

I had a VM DIR-615 not sure which exact Rev, it was D something I think. Embarassed
But the only way I could get it to install DD-WRT, was to upgrade it to the latest D-Link 4.1 firmware first.
Then the DD-WRT "factory-webflash" installed fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: