Cannot restore back to stock firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
antanast
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:36    Post subject: Cannot restore back to stock firmware Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I have read a lot of posts on how to revert back to stock firmware but I always get the error: The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format....

I am using TP-Link TL-WR941ND.

I tried both converting to trx from the instructions provided and also the revert zip file but always get the same error!

Many thanks.
Sponsor
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pay attention or your next posts will be I have bricked my 901
You need to use a web revert file or a file with no boot, do not load stock firm or you will brick 901
There is no such a thing as converting to try or ZIP file, that's something your seeing cause of Windows matter, just download web revert, look for it in this 4 pages and be careful to chose the right version here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&start=0
If you still can't revert post

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
danymarc wrote:
Pay attention or your next posts will be I have bricked my 901
You need to use a web revert file or a file with no boot, do not load stock firm or you will brick 901
There is no such a thing as converting to try or ZIP file, that's something your seeing cause of Windows matter, just download web revert, look for it in this 4 pages and be careful to chose the right version here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&start=0

Already trier that but was still getting the same error. I then did it the manual way via scp the router rebooted but now got a set of flashing lights and the router keeps on rebooting...
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was clear, I posted use Webrevert or a file with no boot, where did you get the file with no boot.
If you loaded webrevert via WinSCP, that was wrong, you bricked, that's why I posted.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. I got it from the same source but since it was not working via the GUI I did it via scp... tried rebooting and hard rebooting but same thing...
cbaldan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use the tftpd method to unbrick and revert back to TP-Link firmware at the same time.

The video below is for a TP-Link WR841ND, but this method works with most TP-Link models.
Watch the video first, completely, and pay attention to the details.
Then proceed to unbrick yours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qZLOMvFLA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: