Set up free hotspot and a secure network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
deooo1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:44    Post subject: Set up free hotspot and a secure network Reply with quote
Hi,

Ok first the device I'm using is a TP-Link WDR3600 v. 1.5 with the latest DD-WRT from the betas in the ftp.

I'm trying to make a guest wifi network which has a hotspot and another secure network on one router.
So I've tried this for a while now and I can't seem to get it right. Lastly I followed this thread http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=277811 by Mile-Lile. I've set up the two networks but when I try to apply NoCatSplash to the guest network something fails. Either the the guest network doesn't provide internet or the landing page doesn't get open at all.

I've tried another method with a bridge but every time I do it, one of the networks becomes unusable.
I'm mainly trying to set up the hotspot with NoCat, because I failed with both wifidog and auth puppy and I'm not so sure how to make a radius server to use Chillispot.

So again the question is how to have 2 separate networks (hotspot + secure).
Any kind of help, assistance, hints are more than welcome and appreciated.[/url]
Sponsor
wenzhuo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just configured a guest network (VLAN 3) bridging with a VAP last night, on my main router Netgear WNDR4300. So I can give you the detailed instructions.

1. Configure a VAP(ath0.1) on Wireless / Basic Settings, and configure Wireless Security for it.

2. Create br1 and assign ath0.1 to it on Setup / Networking, and then configure the DHCP server to listen on br1 in addition to br0. See attached screenshot. After each step, you'll have to click Apply Settings, or preferrably save and then reboot the router. Applying settings often does not work well for me. Assigning vlan3 to br1 does not work as expected. So I add vlan3 to br1 in the next step.

3. Configure VLAN 3 in rc_startup, and add it to br1.
Code:
swconfig dev eth0 enable_vlan 3
swconfig dev eth0 vlan 1 set ports "0t 1 2 3 4t 5t"
swconfig dev eth0 vlan 2 set ports "0t 4t 5t"
swconfig dev eth0 vlan 3 set ports "0t 4t 5t"
swconfig dev eth0 set apply
vconfig set_name_type VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD
vconfig add eth0 3
ifconfig vlan3 up
brctl addif br1 vlan3

* Note: You must modify the VLAN configurations according to your desired network setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: