Help with PPTP VPN Setup - USA to Japan

bjohnston115
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 16:04    Post subject: Help with PPTP VPN Setup - USA to Japan Reply with quote
I have a PPTP VPN server setup on a router in the USA and am trying to connect to it from Japan. The USA router is an Asus router running stock firmware and is running a basic PPTP server. The server is seemingly working since I am able to connect to it from Japan on my iPad.

I am trying to connect the the USA server router now via my Japan Client Router. I am able to connect to the USA server router with my Client router running DD-WRT but once connected I lose the ability to connect to the internet. My ISP in Japan requires me to use PPPoE, could this be the issue? The internet obviously works because I am able to confirm that I am connected to my VPN server in the USA.

Is there something I am forgetting to do? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsor
katat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you connect the US VPN Server from your Ipad directly.
stoney li
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
TAke a look at the LAN status on your US router. The remote IP address of the PPTP client is messed up there. The routing table is also not correct. While connecting from PC or tables to your server, everything for the PPTP client is correct.

The above issue has been there for a long time and not been fixed.

--stoney
zubairak47
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
as I am USA citizen so from Reviewsdir.com I got best and secure VPNs for my country by using these VPNs I can online anonymously and securely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: