How can I hard reset a Buffalo WZR-1166DHP without button?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
CalebSchnell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 16:07    Post subject: How can I hard reset a Buffalo WZR-1166DHP without button? Reply with quote
I haven't used the router in a long while and thus I've forgotten the login name and password. I've tried the defaults and none of those work. The reset button also doesn't work because the version of DDWRT that is on it, the reset button didn't work yet. Is there any way to reset it without access to the gui or a button?

Thanks,
Caleb.
Sponsor
h8red
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Only telnet or SSH, if it is enabled. Or serial
[Ramips] Nexx WT3020F Openwrt @kernel #4.14.167 (OpenVPN server, Wireguard server, AD blocking, SQM QOS, USB)
CalebSchnell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are there any guides for resetting through serial? Or even through Telnet/SSH if I can go that route.
Jack82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
CalebSchnell wrote:
Are there any guides for resetting through serial? Or even through Telnet/SSH if I can go that route.

Telnet should work, it's enabled by default: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Telnet/SSH_and_the_Command_Line
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: