Pixelserv on DD-WRT

sparta989
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:10    Post subject: Pixelserv on DD-WRT Reply with quote
Hello Friends I need your help. I am new to this community and I've recently upgraded my Cisco E900 Router Firmware to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/13) mini, the process went smoothly and I am able to use the current firmware without any problems, now I decided to setup pixelserv on it, and I started followig the steps mentioned in this link http://www.howtogeek.com/51477/how-to-remove-advertisements-with-pixelserv-on-dd-wrt/[/url]
I succesfully followed the steps up until where it says "If successful, you should see the script has become part of the router’s startup.." and was able to add "/jffs/dns/disable_adds.sh" in the startup folder of router. however now I am stuck at where it says "Setting up the Personal blocked domains list (Optional)" I am trying the second option to compound the list of domains under personal-ads-list.conf. but the issue is that I do not know what to put in the ipaddress in this list. This article says use the IP that’s generated for the pixel-server, and as if now I have no clue what is the ip address assigned by my router to pixel-server. I am really new to this and any help would be highly appreciated.

Following is the details of my router.
I am using a static IP address in my router which is provided by my ISP.
Router default gateway is 192.168.1.1
have 3 devices attached to it (wireless).

Please tell me what would be the ip address I should use in the Personal blocked domains list?
Sponsor
mbmalone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not so knowledgeable, but it should formatted like this and it worked for me, using the GUI.

Personal Blocked Domains

address=/example.com/192.168.1.254

to test, afterwards

nslookup example.com

should return 192.168.1.254
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: