Again: Client Bridge working but no internet on client side

BigMan200
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:20    Post subject: Again: Client Bridge working but no internet on client side Reply with quote
Hi,
I have one router in my living room, who's WAN port is connected with the modem and configured as a host-router.
Another router, in my work room, is configured as a client-router.
A desktop-computer with the static IP 10.0.0.11 is cable-connected with my client-router.
This desktop, can access both routers. BUT it has no internet connection. Same is true for other devices.
A lapop, connected with the host-router has internet access.
All devices within the network can "see" each other. E.g. devices connected with the client-router can reach devices connected with the host-router and vice versa.

Following what I did for configuration, after I made a normal 30sec. reset (or should I try with a 30/30/30 reset?)
On the host-router:
- Setup->Basic Setup->Lcoal IP: 10.0.0.20
- Setup->Basic Setup->Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Configured wlan

On the client-router:
- Setup->Basic Setup->Lcoal IP: 10.0.0.21
- Setup->Basic Setup->Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Setup->Basic Setup->Gateway: I tried both, 0.0.0.0 and the host's IP 10.0.0.20
- Setup->Basic Setup-> Local DNS: I tried both, 0.0.0.0 and the host's IP 10.0.0.20
- Basic->Advanced Routing->Operating mode: I tried both, Router and Gateway
- Wireless->Basic Settings->Wireless Mode: Client Bridge
- Configured the rest of the Wlan
- Changed secutiry setting: SPI Firewall disabled, only Filter Multicast marked

It doesn't seem to be just a simple DNS issue, since from the desktop-computer, I can not ping e.g. 74.125.224.72 (=www.google.com).

Any ideas, what I am doing wrong here?
Sponsor
BigMan200
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay:
above I mentioned, I did only the normal 30 Sek. hardware reset. Now I tried a 30/30/30 reset with the client-router and was able to make from the desktop-computer a ping to 74.125.224.72 but not to www.google.com. So I changed the client-router's Local DNS also to the host-router's IP (despite the dd-wrt wiki says "keep it at 0.0.0.0) ... and now it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: