Older Firmware - Newer/Best WNDR3700v1 Firm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
BergRD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:20    Post subject: Older Firmware - Newer/Best WNDR3700v1 Firm? Reply with quote
Greets..

Been awhile and still using DD-WRT and have had build 23320 now for awhile and working as well as the builds were around that time period.

Been searching the threads and data and see no new updates in the standard others\eko\brainslayer paths so wondering what and where would be the best stable for this version of the router?

I've seen new releases but can't decide it jumping latest is best or not. Every build seems to have pro's and con's so asking the community what they recommend.

To help in this I use this router for home WAN/LAN access utilizing both 2.4/5.0 bands as well OptWare on USB stick and OpenVPN for PIA access which has been working well. Other than that it's fairly standard pool of devices from desktops to laptops to Android mobile devices. High use of QoS for balancing work and kids play online and port forwarding/triggering for some gaming and services.

Knowing this, is it worth a jump from 23320 and if so to what latest build.

My sincere thanks on this and it's getting harder getting older to keep up with all the new, fresh stuff Sad

Cheers,
~Richard
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, it's worth upgrading. I recommend 27506, you can find it in the FTP link ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/
If you're interested in the 2015 changelog, here it is: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279466

mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Agreed. If you want a reason, the reset button doesn't work on any of the builds from August. 27506 was the last one before it broke.
BergRD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Yes, it's worth upgrading. I recommend 27506, you can find it in the FTP link ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/
If you're interested in the 2015 changelog, here it is: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279466

mwbuss8 wrote:
Agreed. If you want a reason, the reset button doesn't work on any of the builds from August. 27506 was the last one before it broke.

Thank you both! Yes I had been reading the posts about the reset button issues from that build forward. After reading as much as I could [an hour or more] I also came to this conclusion that 27506 "seemed" to be the one most were settling in or back on while others issues are being refined. It's good that you both confirm my thinking.

Many, MANY thanks for the replies and will be working on it this evening!

Thanks!
~Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: