Solved: Entering 192.168.1.1 in browser times out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
GregoryB2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:06    Post subject: Solved: Entering 192.168.1.1 in browser times out Reply with quote
I have been configuring my Linksys wrt54gs v3 and when I got it connected to my hotspot I could no longer get to the configuration screen (using 192.168.1.1). I'm using dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin. After entering the address in the browser (Firefox) it trys about 30 seconds and times out. The router (bridge) is working great but I would hate to think I cannot get back in to make adjustments. I have not tried rebooting because this is the first time I have been able to make it work with my T-Mobile wireless hotspot internet service (no modem).

Last edited by GregoryB2 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:32; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please provide details on exactly what you are trying to do, how you devices are setup and what the IP of each d each device is.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
GregoryB2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 18:03    Post subject: Wrt54gs V3 Reply with quote
My internet: T-Mobile 4g lte mobile hotspot that can handle 8 devices at once.
I have 3 computers (and a Tivo) with usb wi-fi dongles that talk to the hotspot directly.
I wanted to add a Obihai Voip system but it has a ethernet connection. I first tried connecting the Obihai directly to the computers ethernet port with a crossover cable. I got that working with static ip's but it slowed down all of the computers internet speeds.
I hooked up an old Linksys wrt54gs v3 (and removed the usb wi-fi dongle) but it would not connect to the internet with its' stock program. I flashed it with dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin. This allowed setting it to Client Bridge mode.
I did a "site survey" in dd-wrt and it found the T-Mobile hotspot but was still not allowing the Linksys to connect to the internet.
Then I tried setting and unsetting things and suddenly it hooked up. The browser screen then showed something like "Unable to access" and maybe a message "firewalled".
The bridge is working perfectly (as is the Obihai) but I can no longer get into the dd-wrt screen by entering 192.168.1.1 in the browser like I used to. If I could I could give you more details of the settings.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reset it and start again. Read the peacock announcement. Provide IP addresses of all relevant devices and how they are connected.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
GregoryB2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I forgot to set a static ip first. It's working perfect.

You mention you like build 12548 for older G routers. Is it available for wrt54g v3 or wrt54gs v3? From the listing I was not sure what hardware they are for.

I wish each file had the hardware right in the name. That might reduce brick production.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: