Need help with Linksys E1200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dbmdude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 17:29    Post subject: Need help with Linksys E1200 Reply with quote
I bought a new E1200 and flashed using v2 instructions.

It was working fine and i applied setting to turn it into client. After that it stopped responding.

I tried the 30-30-30 reset again hoping to remove settings and re-enable dhcp but ir is not working.

Is there any other way to reset this router so i can get to dd-wrt gui?

I have tried all the ips (setting pc to same subnet) and i get sporadic Dest host unreachable and request time out on at least two of the ips i tried. Others i get only timeouts.

Can someone advise me as to what to do now?
Based on Peacock note 6 i do not think it is bricked but need to get to main dd-wrt gui.

I am a novice at this so please be gentle....😄
Sponsor
dbmdude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I forgot to include instructions i used successfully. I even changed the password, the flash seemed like a success.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1200v2

The file i used was per instructions:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2013/05-27-2013-r21676/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2.bin

The 30-30-30 reset does not seem to reset this router. My other router i did this to (netgear) using the routers default firmware also did not respond to reset from microswitch, i had to reset using gui. However that one is working perfectly.

Thank you, please let me know if i am missing information to allow you all to help me out.

Eric
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all are you sure your u it is a v2? You don't say that it is, on,y that you used the file fore it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most times resetting a E1200v2 will cause loss of the ports. A simple power cycle will usually fix it.... If not you may have to install firmware wirelessly to regain the ports.
Done it many times... If it's broadcasting connect to its WiFi and first try a GUI reset, giving it several minutes then unplug/replug. If wired ports don't work reinstall the firmware.
dbmdude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I know why it will not respond...

I think I forgot the setting in the process to set DHCP auto-On.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode_Wireless

Quote:

13. NEXT go to Setup -> Basic Setup and change Connection Type to Automatic Configuration - DHCP (most likely, but see NOTE below).

AND yes I verified it three times before flashing it; it is a V2 for sure.

Does this change anything??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: