Which build (if any) is compatible with Tenda N301?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Brett Glass
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:36    Post subject: Which build (if any) is compatible with Tenda N301? Reply with quote
We are interested in trying DD-WRT on the Tenda N301 router. As shown at

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=3mwWz4lKFkr6tBClnPT8Iw%3D%3D&fcc_id=V7TN301

this router uses the BCM5357 SoC in Broadcom's reference design and offers 3 LAN ports plus a WAN port. Will existing firmware work, or will customized firmware be necessary to recognize the unusual number of ports (and LEDs)? If there is an existing build that is likely to run, which one is it?
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

Please also see the first post in this forum....

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Brett Glass
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I'm well aware of the router database, the wiki, and that first posting. And, yes, Tenda is not even on the list of vendors in the database OR the wiki, so I know that it is not "officially" supported (to the extent that anything is). However, because there's firmware for platforms that are very close to the N301 (which, as I have mentioned, is largely a Broadcom reference design), I'm willing to try a version that seems likely to work, completely at my own risk. (If it bricks the router, I'll most likely be able to recover it via TFTP.) So, all I am asking for is ideas as to which version to attempt flashing. Would also be willing to supply one of these routers if the developers would like to play with it. (They may be cheap, but they are at least a nice, clean design.)
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Close platform will NOT work. You won't fix it with a simple tftp. This is covered in the first post in this forum.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
strelezzzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:51    Post subject: N301 settings dd-wrt Reply with quote
Hello.
Here's a video where the Tenda N301 changed the chip from 2 Mb to 4 Mb, the chip was already powered by DD-WRT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFJmrXYsfAM

Working. I decided to do the same, and it also works, but when I reboot the router, the settings are reset to silence (the native firmware settings are saved). Please advise how to solve this problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: