Port Forwarding with IP Blocking?

sumguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 22:58    Post subject: Port Forwarding with IP Blocking? Reply with quote
Any router will allow me to forward incoming port-25 traffing to a specific LAN IP - something that I do now for my email server.

Can DD-WRT go one step further, and allow me to add IP blocking rules to my port-forwarding setting? Where the blocking would only apply to incoming traffic on port-by-port basis?

Regarding plain vanilla port-forwarding, how many entries does DD-WRT allow?
Sponsor
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Port_Forwarding

Scroll down to "port forwarding using the console". I believe you could do something like:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport <EXTERNAL_PORT> -j DNAT --to <INTERNAL_IP>:<INTERNAL_PORT>
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -d <INTERNAL_IP> --dport <INTERNAL_PORT> -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -d <INTERNAL_IP> --dport <INTERNAL_PORT> -j REJECT -s <EXTERNAL_IP>

Just repeat the last rule and change the external IP if you want to block multiple IPs. Save as firewall.
sumguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
So the DD-WRT web interface does not give you the ability to create / edit a table of IP addresses (either individually or in CIDR notation) that represent a white or black list of external hosts to which a specific port-forward rule applies to. Yes?

The blocking list my mail server uses has almost 10,000 entries that cover over 75% of IPv4 address space, causing my server to issue SMTP "connection refused" errors to the remote host. Of those many thousands of entries, about 50 of them are entire /8 "A" classes which would be useful to offload the blocking to the router instead of the mail server.

Getting back to DD-WRT's web interface for NAT configuration, does either the web interface (or DD-WRT in general) have an upper limit as to the number of port-forward rules you can have?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: