Bricked WHR-300HP and LED double-flash

matchtoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 18:21    Post subject: Bricked WHR-300HP and LED double-flash Reply with quote
I know, if it ain't broke... {sigh} Hindsight.

Decided to update from 2010 version of dd-wrt so got the last version I could find for it and half way through the red LED started flashing. Two seconds off, then two flashes in about a second.

Reset button doesn't do anything, LED keeps the same flashing.

Spent three hours trying every online suggestion I can find using 192.168.1.1, 192.168.11.1 options with TFTP, puTTY etc. Nothing phases the red LED.

It does seem like there may be some life in there somewhere as when I plug it in, the red LED goes on and stays on for about 12-seconds then starts the rhythmic flashing.

Also using Ping -t -w 10 192.168.11.1 sometimes returns "General Failure" or "Timed out."

Any help with getting this back to working even with the old 2010 version from the dd-wrt database?
Sponsor
matchtoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, thanks for all the help. Good to know that it is all working again. Took me a lot of hours searching the Internet, but finally un-bricked it. A lot of trial and error as there SO much misleading, incorrect and incomplete information out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: