TP-Link Archer C7 V2 (AC1750) Error Code: 18005

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try version without any suffix like US/IL.
Sponsor
ReB87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish I could find that. I went to nearly every TP-link country website to find it. It seems only Europe and the US have this newest 160616 firmware, with the stupid lock. Crying or Very sad
hancox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
ReB87 wrote:
I've done something very very stupid. Got a second hand Archer C7 V2 and couldnt get DD-WRT on it. On my old TP-link, the trick was to get to a newer stock firmware and then flash to DD.

I've rushed to the TP-link site and flashed Archer C7(EU)_V2_160616 on my C7. While flashing, i've read the changelog (stupid me), and saw that this firmware is locked! Embarassed

Now I get the 18005 error all the time and can't install any other firmware on it. Am I stuck on stock firmware forever, or is there some way around this? I've looked for the same version firmware thats not US/EU (so no lock) but couldnt find it.

So, this sucks for multiple reasons...
1) So TPLink is now locking even more regions. Ugh.
2) Firmware version forking between the regions.

So stupid. I know I'm venting in the wrong place, but this is getting annoying.
Flammenmeer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
ReB87 wrote:
I've done something very very stupid. Got a second hand Archer C7 V2 and couldnt get DD-WRT on it. On my old TP-link, the trick was to get to a newer stock firmware and then flash to DD.

I've rushed to the TP-link site and flashed Archer C7(EU)_V2_160616 on my C7. While flashing, i've read the changelog (stupid me), and saw that this firmware is locked! Embarassed

Now I get the 18005 error all the time and can't install any other firmware on it. Am I stuck on stock firmware forever, or is there some way around this? I've looked for the same version firmware thats not US/EU (so no lock) but couldnt find it.

Hi, I've done the same stupid thing as you, but don't worry, you can install any firmware, just follow this guide:

kingtuna wrote:
This cost me a lot of time and frustration but I think I got a solid method for the US ac1750 archer that I purchased last week on amazon. This method worked for me hopefully it works for you. You can use any tftp server I just chose to use the one built into os x.

Turns on TFTP
sudo launchctl load -F /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/tftp.plist
sudo launchctl start com.apple.tftpd

Set your tfptp Interface IP

Download This
http://www.tp-link.com/res/down/soft/Archer_C7_v2_150304.zip

Copy it to your tftp root !Must be name ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin!
cp ArcherC7v2_en_3_14_2_up_boot\(150304\).bin /private/tftpboot/ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin

reboot and hold down the reset. you can watch it tftp in wireshark
ReB87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Either i'm doing something wrong, but i cant get the router in recovery mode. I turn it off with the switch, press and hold the reset button, and turn it on again. If i wait long enough, the lights just turn off and the router resets to factory default. But it doesnt seem to communicate with the tftp server.
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you enter to web interface of the router?
If you can, do firmware update. If the router interface is TP-LINK, use this file:
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2016/07-30-2016-r30342/tplink_archer-c7-v2/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

If you already in DD-WRT, use for update
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2016/07-30-2016-r30342/tplink_archer-c7-v2/tplink_archer-c7-v2.bin

US and IL versions for USA and Israel FW only.

If you still need TFTP disable firewall and antivirus software, set IP to 192.168.0.66 and try to see TFTP server log. It should work after release of "reset" button.
ReB87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think TFTP is somehow blocked in the new firmware. I've tried it from Windows with two TFTP servers, and from Mac. In Wireshark I can see some communication, but it gets blocked:

Click for bigger picture
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can not ping the router. In this phase it has simple service - TFTP that ask for the specific file. If there is the file and tftp-server will send it, all will be OK. For some reasons only 32bit version was worked for me.
ReB87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
B@R wrote:
You can not ping the router. In this phase it has simple service - TFTP that ask for the specific file. If there is the file and tftp-server will send it, all will be OK. For some reasons only 32bit version was worked for me.

Hey B@r, I appreciate your help, but seeying your answers I am in doubt that you realise that I run the latest firmware, which blocks downgrades.. So no webinterface tricks, no factory to DD, etc. options are going to work. Wink
ryandot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm in the same boat. I just bought a new TP-LINK Archer C7 router. I thought I was following the correct instructions, but upgraded to "Archer C7(EU)_V2_160616". I can't downgrade now. Here are the current details:

Firmware Version:
3.15.1 Build 160616 Rel.44182n
Hardware Version:
Archer C7 v2 00000000

I'm stuck as are other and have no way to get DD-WRT installed. Everything I try produces the Error code: 18005

I hope someone can help. If you need more information let me know.[/url]

Last edited by ryandot on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:42; edited 1 time in total
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems like routers got new device codes. When TP-Link started to do routers for US and Israel, they did new device codes for it. Because this BS doing 3 version of FW: "general" without suffix, -US and -IL. It seems there are new codes.
Ask the developers team to investigate new TP-Link firmware files, that was flashed. Post them here.
ryandot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply B@R. I'm a long time user of dd-wrt, but new to the boards as I haven't had any such issue before. Is there some other process for asking the developers to investigate beyond the comments I'm making now? The firmware I'm using is listed above, along with a link to download it. The only thing I can see is missing is my router seems to be from Germany. I bought it in Canada, but when I scan for networks, it show up with a country code of DE.

I'm thinking of returning it and getting something else. Just have to do more research now as I finally settled on this vendor/model for many reasons, one was support for dd-wrt.
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did in past conversion from 1-st IL specific router with 5GHz wi-fi to international for TL-WDR4300. There is workaround for conversion with OpenWRT firmware. I think it is possible flashing the images from telnet to original firmware. The instruction FOR TL-WDR4300 ONLY(!) was:
Quote:
1. Use openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr4300-v1-il-squashfs-factory.bin for flash OpenWRT IL.
2. Use openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr4300-v1-il-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin for update version
3. With WinSCP protocol SCP copy file code.bin (striped TP-Link old global FW) to /tmp directory
4. Use Putty login to router and execute command: mtd -r write /tmp/Code.bin firmware
After reboot you have international version of TL-WDR4300 v1.x from IL version,
that may be updated to DD-WRT, OpenWRT or any other GLOBAL firmware.

I think it will be 3 way for this problem:
1. Many versions of alternative FW for all "national" routers.
2. Workaround for revert new specific types to one with DD-WRT/OpenWRT support for it.
3. Do not use TP-Link and other routers with same locks.
cyber8607
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
is the transmition power on US firmware higher, than on international?
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
All the routers are identical. The difference is device ID code. It is different for US/EU/IL and FW don't recognize another device codes.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: