Firmware for Netgear ex6200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
AceScottie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 20:15    Post subject: Firmware for Netgear ex6200 Reply with quote
Hello, im pretty new to using the dd-wrt firmware. I managed to get the Kong mod version of dd-wrt running on my EX6200 but i lacked quite a lot of functions that i really want to use (main the FTP and NTFS).
I tried installing some firmware from the ftp site however this pretty much bricked the router. I have another one coming but im really not up to bricking another (especially with the price tag on them) so was looking for some advice of what firmware i should use.

I am using the Netgear EX6200 AC1200 Wi-Fi Extender (using firmware to configure it into a router)
Sponsor
AceScottie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok i have downloaded and installed about 10 different firmware version, 2 of which bricked the router Smile (p.s awesome guide to unbricking routers on here)

The latest versions i have used are:

Build 27456 - 06/27/2015
Kong build 20000M (i think, had a lot of 0's in it)
11-10-2015-r28112 (beta)

non of them seem to offer ProFTPd (in the web GUI) and I cant seem to install it using ssh either.

on the later (beta) versions Samba stops working as well(shows up in ssh /jffs/ but cant find it on the network (configured in web GUI with same settings as Kong build(working on Kong build)

I dont mind just using FTP and forgetting Samba however I do really need FTP.

P.S need the FTP for storing all my Uni work (plus this is some really good experience)
haggismn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
AceScottie wrote:
Ok i have downloaded and installed about 10 different firmware version, 2 of which bricked the router Smile (p.s awesome guide to unbricking routers on here)

The latest versions i have used are:

Build 27456 - 06/27/2015
Kong build 20000M (i think, had a lot of 0's in it)
11-10-2015-r28112 (beta)

non of them seem to offer ProFTPd (in the web GUI) and I cant seem to install it using ssh either.

on the later (beta) versions Samba stops working as well(shows up in ssh /jffs/ but cant find it on the network (configured in web GUI with same settings as Kong build(working on Kong build)

I dont mind just using FTP and forgetting Samba however I do really need FTP.

P.S need the FTP for storing all my Uni work (plus this is some really good experience)

You should look at the firmware-mod-kit. It is possible to squeeze proftpd onto the flash if some unnecessary kernel modules are removed.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since the ex6200 is a Broadcom unit, you will find the information you need in the Broadcom Forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: