WDR-3500 Wireless Drops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
kenjitamura
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:00    Post subject: WDR-3500 Wireless Drops Reply with quote
So here's the situation. I've installed DD-WRT on my WDR-3500v1.3 to use it in client bridge mode with my Archer C7 v3 which is also running DD-WRT but the connection drops frequently and the WDR3500 will need a reboot for the connection to re-establish. This is happening on the 5Ghz band.

The connection will drop almost immediately if I'm torrenting and don't set the limits in the application very low. But it can also drop on its own during light web surfing or even when I'm away and it's being left alone.

I have tried messing with ACK timings, changing the TCP and UDP timeout values, tested different MTU's, and manually set different wireless channels with no success. Whether it's channel 149 or 36 it will still drop.

I've also tried different DD-WRT versions including the 10/23/15, 11/25/15, 11/28/15, and 12/5/15 builds but they all do it.

When the connection drops there's no internet access and I can still access the WDR3500's webgui which shows the connection as still active but I can't access the Archer C7's webgui.

Anyone have suggestions to try and debug this? Also anyone have insight as to whether or not this is a software bug or I just have a lemon of a router?
Sponsor
ginobean
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 16:19    Post subject: try firmware v24-sp2 Reply with quote
A couple days ago, I had a similar issue with the latest beta 3.0 firmware, on my dir-825 router. My 5GHz connection would cut off in the middle of tab casting to my Chromecast. And sometimes, this would happen half a dozen times in the middle of watching one hour long show. Was pretty annoying.

I downgraded to firmware v24-sp2 and was able to watch about 2 hours of tab casted streaming on my Chromecast without any cutoffs.

Obviously, this is not definitive evidence, but since you've already tried half a dozen firmware versions, it probably wouldn't hurt to try one more.

BTW, I'm using firmware v24-sp2 std, release: 03/25/13, SVN revision: 21061

If you do end up trying it, please post your results. I would be interested to see how it turned out.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: