D-Link DIR-615/E3 Speeds Slow Since Last Year's Builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
pirithous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51    Post subject: D-Link DIR-615/E3 Speeds Slow Since Last Year's Builds Reply with quote
I've been keeping my DIR-615/E3 fairly up-to-date, and realized now that since a series of builds starting last year, certain devices on the network have serious problems with speed slowdowns. I didn't realize it until now because this router is temporarily being used since the last DD-WRT build bricked my WDR3600. About every ~60 seconds, the internet speed hangs up and then it gets better again. A couple devices don't have the issue, but 2 apple devices do and an Atheros-based PCI wireless networking card does. The model is below:
Code:
05:01.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9227 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)

Also, a TL-WN822N v3 has no issues connecting to the DIR-615/E3 with the latest DD-WRT firmware. I flashed back to 23503 and everything is fine again. All devices connect normally without any type of slowdown. I don't know at what point last year this happened, which is why I started with the beginning of last year's build. All I remember is it was sometime last year, maybe mid-year.

Has a ticket been created for this issue?
Sponsor
tipoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure if our problems are linked, but it's interesting that I also have a 615 (but the C1 one), and it really seems to hate my Macbook Pro (el cap, mid 2014 Retina 15"), I get those same aggravating 60 second internet slowdowns!

But here's the weird bit - that was on the factory firmware, not DD-WRT, which I'm hoping will fix it once I figure out how to get it on there (see other thread). If it's the same problem, maybe it's a more fundamental hardware incompatibility that firmware won't address. But it sounds like your systems all worked well on it before the last few builds? Didn't get a new MBP in that time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: