phpBB 3.1

jsebean
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:10    Post subject: phpBB 3.1 Reply with quote
I'm not sure who maintains the site, but was just wondering why this board hasn't been upgraded to 3.0 let alone 3.1? It's a million times better especially the moderator and anti-spam features Cool .

For example, there were some spam posts I saw earlier that I would have reported... but phpBB2 doesn't have that feature Razz
Sponsor
Wolf Kodi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
been seeing a lot of spam post lately

YouTube | Facebook Page
Per-user Live Down/Upload Rate Monitoring [No PC needed!]
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
its not upgraded because its very hard to convert this forum to a newer phpbb version. design, custom stuff etc. phpbb is not good for upgrading. its made to be used from scratch, but you run in troubles if you want to migrate to newer versions. i also dont like the newer look and feel.

beside this. there is no spam solution on this planet. alot of spam is done by humans and its impossible to prevent this, except by using solutions like stopforumspam etc. we are doing this already but some is always comming through, but moderators where inactive a long time. now all is clean again

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I figured it was something like that. Spam has always been an issue and they are certainly getting more intelligent. Perhaps something like Google's I'm not a robot reCAPTCHA checkbox to stop bots at the registration page?

Stopforumspam is new to me. Looks like an extensive database.

By the way, there's one more spam topic here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=300191

YouTube | Facebook Page
Wolf Kodi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
here's another spam: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1013279#1013279

YouTube | Facebook Page
wongnog
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish the forum upgraded to phpbb 3.x for better search capabilities. For example, there's no search within a thread nor is there the ability to search titles only. Finally, if I subscribe to a thread, I get email notifications whenever I post my own reply! Super annoying!
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI, there is a preference setting under your own profile to disable email notification for reply. Of course, setting that will also disable notification for replies from others.
wongnog
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
FYI, there is a preference setting under your own profile to disable email notification for reply. Of course, setting that will also disable notification for replies from others.

Yes I understand that, but that's not the point. On all other forums, I don't get an email notification to for my OWN posts (it's kinda redundant, don't you think?)
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well but I am just wondering if your points are strong enough for the admin to reconsider for any change though! Anyway, you still have an option to disable notifications.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: