New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 28444 --- 2015/12/05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
UberGeek451
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:45    Post subject: Samba still fails to automatically start on boot Reply with quote
WNDR3700 V4
DD-WRT v3.0-r28444 std (12/05/15)
Linux 3.10.93 #12958 Sat Dec 5 05:14:54 CET 2015 mips
Status update: Working
Reset: No
Errors: Samba still problematic.

After updating configurations, Samba still fails to start on boot when enabled.

Just filed bug report to document this new/old behavior:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5016#ticket
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:02    Post subject: Re: Samba still fails to automatically start on boot Reply with quote
UberGeek451 wrote:
WNDR3700 V4
DD-WRT v3.0-r28444 std (12/05/15)
Linux 3.10.93 #12958 Sat Dec 5 05:14:54 CET 2015 mips
Status update: Working
Reset: No
Errors: Samba still problematic.

After updating configurations, Samba still fails to start on boot when enabled.

Just filed bug report to document this new/old behavior:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5016#ticket

samba share working fine on my wndr3700v4 last build and this one. Flashed thru GUI last build & the drive auto mounted and available. Also auto mount works OK on the wrt160nl
UberGeek451
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply mrjcd.

If anyone else had responded I would have been doubtful. On the other hand, I've followed a number of your posts and realize you have a bucket of these WNDR models, so now I'm not so sure.

Managed to get Samba and ProFPTD working together with a quick Run-on-mount script but not a good long term solution. USB flash was file checked and cleaned last nite before testing.

Looks like timing could be the issue. Are you mounting a USB flash or HDD? Any special mounting scripts?

Cheers
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
UberGeek451 wrote:
Thanks for the reply mrjcd.

If anyone else had responded I would have been doubtful. On the other hand, I've followed a number of your posts and realize you have a bucket of these WNDR models, so now I'm not so sure.

Managed to get Samba and ProFPTD working together with a quick Run-on-mount script but not a good long term solution. USB flash was file checked and cleaned last nite before testing.

Looks like timing could be the issue. Are you mounting a USB flash or HDD? Any special mounting scripts?

Cheers

Just a small flash drive on the 3700v4... I'm running QOS also and the CPU struggles moving big files thru samba ... actually it will quit moving close to 1GB. I can move GB+ thru the wrt160NL but it is jsut a WDS-AP.

Not using ProFTP .. therein is likely some conflict for you about what's mounting who, when & where. Did you try auto mount and stability with ProFTP disabled?
UberGeek451
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hear ya on Samba. It's extremely important on my setup since it coordinates network connections between a NAS server, RasPi Kodi, and various Windows machines. System has never choked on large files or high transfer rates but unfortunately, the bus driver right now is asleep at the wheel.

ProFPTD was disabled completely to isolate the problem but it made no difference. Was able to identify some unusual errors which the devs might understand.

Otherwise its down to USB flash partition/file reading delays or interference from unknown processes. I'm a bit concerned about the amount of traffic from vpn modules, the igmprt multicast daemon, igmpproxy errors, etc. that appear in logs. Settings that control these functions have always been disabled, including all wireless and firewall. Basically running a very sophisticated gigabit switch on a separate LAN subnet.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: