Webpage no longer loads after router rebooted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Louis-Jean
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:18    Post subject: Webpage no longer loads after router rebooted Reply with quote
My router: D-Link DIR-600 rev. B2

I did a 30-30-30 reset then an emergency room installation of the newest DD-WRT firmware for this router, the factory one. After it flashed I let the router sit for 5 minutes. The power LED, which had been flashing amber, changed to steady green.

I accessed the webpage at 192.168.1.1 and changed the admin/root user name an password as prompted. I then power-cycled the router. From that point on the webpage no longer loads.

I have attempted several installations of DD-WRT build 21061 and also BrainSlayer's 12-22-2014-r25697 from the Other Downloads section, with the same results.

I had build 14898 installed before, no problems. Stock firmware, no problems. Latest build: problems.

Help?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Louis-Jean
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI this time I was testing to see when the webpage stopped responding, and it seems to do so after I make any changes at all, even just the admin name and password. I've tried several reinstallations/reflashes in case I'd done something wrong and I always have that problem: if the router ever loses power or I need to reboot it, the webpage no longer loads.
Louis-Jean
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
GOT IT WORKING! I basically repeated my steps as per the Peacock post, but this time flashed it with build 27506 from 5 December 2015, as recommended in this forum.

*WHEW!*

Now to figure out why the router can't connect to the Prolink H5004N modem/router that our ISP provided us with (it works with the stock D-Link firmware) and I'll be done, as I was able to configure the D-Link as per the Guest WIFI + Abuse Control for Beginners wiki entry, only with a WPA password as my second WLAN isn't meant to be public.

I've only been struggling with this for a week. Sad

If I need to I'll create a new topic re: the Internet connectivity problem.
Louis-Jean
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got the Internet problem sorted out too. I did a factory reset on the PLDT Prolink H5004N, ensured that the ADSL settings were correct, disabled Wifi and DHCP, and changed the mode from 1482 MERL to 1483 Bridged in the WAN settings. The Prolink is now acting like a plain old ADSL modem rather than a router. Piece of cake!

(I just posted a follow-up reply in case someone else searches the forum trying to find out how to do the same thing.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: