New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 28493 --- 2015/12/10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
MolaMola
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: D-Link DIR-825 C1
Reset: no
Errors: large file transfer brings wifi down

Flashed this over a day ago. It works fine until I transfer large files over wifi 5 GHz to a LAN cable connected media player. Transfer works for about a minute and then suddenly stops. The wifi is still visible but disconnects all clients on both bands and refuses new connections until after a power cycle of the router.
Sponsor
ArjenR49
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I run the ifconfig command for the interface mentioned in the firewall command 'iptables -I INPUT 2 -p ipv6 -i vlan1 -j ACCEPT', the output is:
ifconfig: vlan1: error fetching interface information: Device not found

It looks like vlan1 doesn't exist on mine ...
Perhaps the firewall command was intended for a different router?

How can I find out what the correct interface name is on this router WZR-HP-G300NH running build 28493?
DeathReaper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
ArjenR49 wrote:
When I run the ifconfig command for the interface mentioned in the firewall command 'iptables -I INPUT 2 -p ipv6 -i vlan1 -j ACCEPT', the output is:
ifconfig: vlan1: error fetching interface information: Device not found

It looks like vlan1 doesn't exist on mine ...
Perhaps the firewall command was intended for a different router?

How can I find out what the correct interface name is on this router WZR-HP-G300NH running build 28493?

You can add these instead of that and save it to firewall
Quote:
ip6tables -I FORWARD 3 -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type echo-request -j ACCEPT
ip6tables -I INPUT 4 -i br0 -j ACCEPT
Nerdy3.14159265

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: TP-Link WDR3600v1
Firmware: This one
Kernel: ""
Reset: Yes
Errors:

My 5GHz band was a big pain to setup. I applied a WPA2 key to both bands, as well as a MAC filter on both bands.

Changing 5GHz from Full to Wide HT40 would make it so no device could connect to it. Changing it to Dynamic would let my Galaxy S5 connect to it but nothing else would even detect it.

Then when I randomly changed the regulatory domain from Germany to the US. Seemingly no change. Last I chose a specific channel in the US domain list and that seemed to get it to show up on other devices.

Changing the regulatory domain back after setting the channel seems to have had no effect (expected as much).

It's weird that this fixed it because I used to always be able to leave it auto on the channel with no issues. I also remember having manually selected a high number channel with now issues and used to only run HT40. So I'm a bit confused as to what caused all this frustration.

Lastly, and possibly not an issue, I ran a speedtest on testmy.net. On the official software, it would register my full speed of 200Mbps down. On DD-WRT, it only registers at around half my speed. However, a download from Steam contradicts this somewhat because I was able to average around 25MB/s and had a peak download of 27.8MB/s on a large download (Skyrim).

EDIT: It also registered 100% load in the WebUI.
ArjenR49
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
DeathReaper wrote:

You can add these instead of that and save it to firewall
Quote:

So I replaced the earlier firewall command with these two lines and rebooted.
The port scanner test result (of http://www6.chappell-family.co.uk/cgi-bin6/ipscan-fast-js.cgi) showed that also ping6 is now blocked (ICMPv6 ECHO REQUEST returned : ECHO NO REPLY).
I don't know anything about iptables/ip6tables commands, but the above result seems strange since the first command line has an ACCEPT at the end. All other ports tested are still blocked, which is according to a firewall's purpose.

I ran the test on a notebook on my LAN. The 'test results are for host' address surprisingly is the IPv6 address Windows states to be a/the Temporary IPv6 address for this machine. How weird.
ArjenR49
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
In order to get ipv6 to be working properly (WZR-HP-G300NH, build 28493) - e.g. according to test on http://test-ipv6.com/ - I need to click 'Apply settings' on the IPv6 settings page even though IPv6 settings haven't been changed and the router was rebooted recently.
Without Apply settings it may look like it's working, e.g. devices on the LAN get an IPv6 address and the router shows its own IPV6 address (not always, btw), but it fails the online test.
Because of the above, my previously reported test results may very well be invalid.
vspeed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
TL-WR703N everything I tested works except the 3G data card Huawei E3131. Couldn't get it to work. What console output do you need?

root@DD-WRT:~# cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=480 MxCh= 1
B: Alloc= 1/800 us ( 0%), #Int= 1, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=1d6b ProdID=0002 Rev= 3.10
S: Manufacturer=Linux 3.10.94 ehci_hcd
S: Product=EHCI Host Controller
S: SerialNumber=ehci-platform
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr= 0mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 4 Ivl=256ms

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 3 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=12d1 ProdID=1506 Rev= 1.02
S: Manufacturer=HUAWEI
S: Product=HUAWEI Mobile
C:* #Ifs= 6 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=01 Driver=option
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=2ms
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I:* If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=16 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=83(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=2ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 1 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=16 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=83(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=2ms
E: Ad=84(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=02(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I:* If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=03 Driver=option
E: Ad=85(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I:* If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=02 Driver=option
E: Ad=86(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=04(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I:* If#= 4 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=usb-storage
E: Ad=05(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=87(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
I:* If#= 5 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=usb-storage
E: Ad=06(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=88(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
Nerdy3.14159265

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I should mention that my 5GHz light also won't turn on at all.
keen4fan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
My 5 ghz wifi dissapeared after apprx. 5 days uptime...strange.
The webGUI shows that the wifi is still active, but my units cannot see/find the wifi.
Now I will try to enable logging, to see if I can see anything unusual in the log.
Does any of you have any tips as to what I more specifically should be looking for in the log?

TP-LINK WDR4300 V1.7 - version History:
r27944 - 5ghz wifi dissapearing, otherwise fine
r28493 - currently testing
MolaMola
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nerdy3.14159265 wrote:
I should mention that my 5GHz light also won't turn on at all.

Mine has been off since builds from the beginning of this year. By now I assumed the LED is broken but it could still be a firmware issue.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
WNDR3700 V4 r28493

Working well . No radio problems.
Only problem I have is large file (1 GB+) transfer SAMBA Share
from a WIN10 sys Dell laptop. Files appear to complete the
transfer and shows correct file size but it is not writing all end data.
WIN10 progress bar & rate do nothing. No problem transferring
with android (Total Commander w/LAN plugin) or PPC or a WIN7
sys or anything else I've tried. WIN10 has no problem reading/copy
but write/to samba share with GB+ file is a mess. Probably
cache/buffer problems I suspect.... may look into it afterlater.

Using flash drives -- 16GB FAT32 & 32GB NTFS
The wndr3700v4 will hug around 85~99% CPU moving large files to/from it
with QOS running but it works in all but the WIN10 system ---- the samba
share drive will actually unmount from all other devices when moving large
file from the WIN10 system to it.... ¿

samba share same on the
WRT160NL x3
DD-WRT v3.0-r28493 std (12/10/15)
WDS links & WAP

But All in All this has been a great build.
ArjenR49
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
ArjenR49 wrote:
In order to get ipv6 to be working properly (WZR-HP-G300NH, build 28493) - e.g. according to test on http://test-ipv6.com/ - I need to click 'Apply settings' on the IPv6 settings page even though IPv6 settings haven't been changed and the router was rebooted recently.
Without Apply settings it may look like it's working, e.g. devices on the LAN get an IPv6 address and the router shows its own IPV6 address (not always, btw), but it fails the online test.
Because of the above, my previously reported test results may very well be invalid.

MS has chosen to depart from the standard it seems and gave Windows a temporary IPv6 address in addition to a standard IPv6 address. Online tests invariably report the temporary address. I noticed this temporary address changing all the time. This non-standard behaviour can be disabled (and re-enabled) with a few commands which I found on the internet.

After disabling the temporary IPv6 address, IPv6 in my router worked right away (per test on http://test-ipv6.com/) after a reboot without me first having to click 'Apply settings' on the IPv6 settings page after rebooting.

The standard IPv6 address seems to be more stable, i.e. it doesn't change, at least not as easily and willfully as the non-standard temporary one.
DeathReaper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
ArjenR49 wrote:
ArjenR49 wrote:

MS has chosen to depart from the standard it seems and gave Windows a temporary IPv6 address in addition to a standard IPv6 address. Online tests invariably report the temporary address. I noticed this temporary address changing all the time. This non-standard behaviour can be disabled (and re-enabled) with a few commands which I found on the internet.

After disabling the temporary IPv6 address, IPv6 in my router worked right away (per test on http://test-ipv6.com/) after a reboot without me first having to click 'Apply settings' on the IPv6 settings page after rebooting.

The standard IPv6 address seems to be more stable, i.e. it doesn't change, at least not as easily and willfully as the non-standard temporary one.

I've tested disabling it in Windows before but it doesn't improve much for me. The "Temporary IPv6 Address" is because of Windows implementing RFC 4941 so I thought I should leave it as that since it doesn't affect the performance. I am on 150MBPS package but actually receiving 180MPBS.

http://ipv6-test.com/ I received 17/20 but I am trying to improve ICMP and getting the hostname for IPv6.
ArjenR49
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
DeathReaper wrote:

I've tested disabling it in Windows before but it doesn't improve much for me. The "Temporary IPv6 Address" is because of Windows implementing RFC 4941 so I thought I should leave it as that since it doesn't affect the performance. I am on 150MBPS package but actually receiving 180MPBS.

http://ipv6-test.com/ I received 17/20 but I am trying to improve ICMP and getting the hostname for IPv6.

I'm not looking for speed - I mean I haven't even given speed a thought in all this IPv6 experimenting - but for reliability and predictability.

From the test site you mentioned my result is now 18/20. I remember I got the same earlier on. At that time I didn't realize what caused being 2 points shy, but apparently it is caused by this:
ICMP Filtered
in yellow. All other test results are in green.

From IPv4 we're used to try and prevent detection by hostile port scanning through blocking any and all responses, also to pinging.
You point out, as have others, and indeed also the test site, that (a measure of) response to ICMP is essential to IPv6. For a full score one apparently needs more sophisticated ip6tables/firewall commands.
I've had to go with what I was being advised here on this forum, since I have no understanding of iptables myself at all, beyond the 'obvious'.

--- Currently my firewall commands for IPv6 are:
---
It would look like echo requests (ping) are supposed to be accepted, so why the following:
The Ping tests from the test site show 100% loss for both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols ...

The dd-wrt wiki information on IPv6 looks terribly obsolete to me. Of course, obsolete and undated information abounds on the internet.
heiler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
tplink WR841ND v7

pptp client setup but no ppp0 interfaces found.. no routing working..

double checked everything...
is this a still known bug? saw something 4 years ago about it..

the stuff seems to be running..

20324 root 1128 S {pptpd_client.sh} /bin/sh /etc/config/pptpd_client.sh
20467 root 1140 S {vpn} /bin/sh /tmp/pptpd_client/vpn start
20481 root 1084 S pppd pty pptp us.pptpxxx.org --nolaunchpppd file /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn user pptpvpn.org password 2xx2
22169 root 1128 S sh -c pptp us.pptpxxx.org --nolaunchpppd
22170 root 912 S {pptpgw} pptp us.pptpxxx.org --nolaunchpppd
22178 root 912 S {pptpcm} pptp us.pptpxxx.org --nolaunchpppd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: