Netgear R7500v2 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
New Kong build 08/09 is out!
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/
Sponsor
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
New Kong build 08/09 is out!
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/

Minor issue with this build: ath0 selected channel 161 LL(-6) but actual channel is 157+155. Didn't happen with previous build, which correctly used 161+157.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
thats sporadically happened for a long time, the whole upper lower channel crap with qca is half invalid (half offered settings are valid, half arent). cause the center (155) is the same, its still a valid config to use. if it was using 161+157 before then u were using 40mhz, having a center of 155 is 80mhz.

idk whats so hard to understand about it, we have it correct with broadcom & theres no diff between broadcom & qca, its 802.11ac spec, same for all. even kong knows our channel selection is a mess but brainslayer refuses to believe that.. ive temporarily gave up on the ticket. its a combo of brainslayer applying germany reg rules to those that use 36-165, as germany recently opened >165, but at the same time, in the parts of the band everyone uses, eg: 36-48, etc, still offer half broken options.

if u dont like knowing its primary is on 157 then set 149+uu, that one seems to always stick properly on qca99xx

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

husky55
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 16:14    Post subject: WDS Reply with quote
I used to run r7500v2 in repeater mode with Kong's firmware. I switched to WDS with the 2 r7500v2. The problem I have is when streaming Netflix, there appeared to be an error in the transmission which caused the netflix to stop and then it recovered. Comcast internet is 200 mbps so speed is not the issue. The streaming is a smart Sony TV xbr-75x940e running android 7 so that could be a problem. may be I need to buy another streamer like Roku or Nvidia Stream.
I used AC wifi to connect the TV to the WDS router. Would a wired connection make any difference. Probably not.
The problem might be different versions of Kong firmware were used. What is the most stable version? I would need to update both routers so I hope not to jump from the frying pan into the fire.
I need to add that wifi for laptop, desktop, phones, tivo, TV all seem to work well. I could not detect any rror and/or problem. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 17:16    Post subject: Re: WDS Reply with quote
husky55 wrote:
I used to run r7500v2 in repeater mode with Kong's firmware. I switched to WDS with the 2 r7500v2. The problem I have is when streaming Netflix, there appeared to be an error in the transmission which caused the netflix to stop and then it recovered. Comcast internet is 200 mbps so speed is not the issue. The streaming is a smart Sony TV xbr-75x940e running android 7 so that could be a problem. may be I need to buy another streamer like Roku or Nvidia Stream.
I used AC wifi to connect the TV to the WDS router. Would a wired connection make any difference. Probably not.
The problem might be different versions of Kong firmware were used. What is the most stable version? I would need to update both routers so I hope not to jump from the frying pan into the fire.
I need to add that wifi for laptop, desktop, phones, tivo, TV all seem to work well. I could not detect any rror and/or problem. Crying or Very sad

I would certainly try wired to the wds router if possible.
That will cutout some overhead at least.
Or
If you have the equipment try another AP that is wired to the WDS router..... basically just use WDS as bridge without the TV connecting directly to its wireless
just a thought
husky55
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. Will try. Although the second router is a couple feet from the TV. Speedtest with my phone and/or laptop consistently showed above 150 Mbps. I do have others AP but for WDS they have to have the same chipset to work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
husky55 wrote:
Thanks. Will try. Although the second router is a couple feet from the TV. Speedtest with my phone and/or laptop consistently showed above 150 Mbps. I do have others AP but for WDS they have to have the same chipset to work.

Meaning another unit setup as a WAP wired to WDS unit.
Set WAP on clean channel .... see if TV does better
husky55
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Based on your experience, what is the most stable release for the r7500v2? I need to update both routers for my WDS setup. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
husky55 wrote:
Based on your experience, what is the most stable release for the r7500v2? I need to update both routers for my WDS setup. Thanks.

I don't have your router but I have no problem with the wireless using r33006 or 33010M on the EA8500.
And AFAIK not much has changed with the WiFi in several builds released.
Most things I see are 'Client' related and really not actually dd-wrt problem. Referring to recent posts in r7800 thread. I have a VIZO TV that will not do 5GHz very good at all ... sometimes it will never even see it sometimes it will connect but lose it after two days and never see it again. That's using different routers many different builds. Works perfect on 2.4
We have a Samsung TV that loves 5GHz and sees any 5GHz signal around and never has a problem.

Just have to pick what's best for you and your clients and go with it. A home or business with multiple clients of all sorts will most certainly have to make use of both 2.4 & 5GHz.

We see it all time here ...
"This device connects just fine but the other don't -- dd-wrt is screwed"
I just don't believe it's all a dd-wrt problem Smile

EDIT:
AS for WDS, you are really into no-mans-land with these devices. I have never run WDS on the EA8500 for an extended time with multiple clients but tests show it works ok.
I can say if you need to extend your wireless to a bunch of clients it would probably be best to make a WDS linked bridge on some off channel (being a bridge only) then use WAPs wired to it.
husky55
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 21:51    Post subject: WDS Reply with quote
Thank you mrjcd. I actually have been reading your posts for a VERY long time, particularly about how to update the firmware on the E8500 which I don't have, but was thinking about a replacement for the r7500v2. I used the repeater bridge function on the r7500v2 with success but only with very specific Kong built. Otherwise they don't work. I switched to WDS because I think it's much more compatible with other Kong builds. We will see.
WDS has its warts too, I did do exactly as you suggested used 2.4 ghz as a backbone to connect to the main and 5 ghz as a main wifi channel. One day when I have the ambition I will go to a mesh system.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:12    Post subject: Re: WDS Reply with quote
husky55 wrote:

that doesnt mean its a wds issue, but i dont remember seeing any details of ur wds setup displayed or listed.

ive had many random errors with netflix out of nowhere throughout the years, ranging from broken browser update, broken silverlight plugin (when it used it), routing errors to netflix server, etc.. assuming ur using a built in netflix app on the tv, if so, well, most smart tv apps just plain suck, use a computer or other device, tablet etc if possible, & connect it to the tv, miracast if supported or whatever android's wireless display is called.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

husky55
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, I wired the TV to the WDS-Station instead of using the wifi ac on the Sony 940E. I also used the same kong r32590m on both the wds AP and Station. The problem is the sound stoppage is erratic, i.e. some time it happens right away, some time it can go on for 30-60 minutes or even longer before anything happens.
It could be my Onkyo TX-RZ800 AVR, or the Netflix stream itself. Of course I used the Sony Netlix app so that could be the problem as tatsuya46 so eloquently put the blame on it.
I do want to thank both mrjcd and tatsuya46 for helping. Just a heads up, went to Costco today and guess what, the Netgear Orbi set (3 units) was discounted from $500 to 425, the lowest I have seen. But I do have a bunch of routers already.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
husky55 wrote:
OK, I wired the TV to the WDS-Station instead of using the wifi ac on the Sony 940E. I also used the same kong r32590m on both the wds AP and Station. The problem is the sound stoppage is erratic, i.e. some time it happens right away, some time it can go on for 30-60 minutes or even longer before anything happens.
It could be my Onkyo TX-RZ800 AVR, or the Netflix stream itself. Of course I used the Sony Netlix app so that could be the problem as tatsuya46 so eloquently put the blame on it.
I do want to thank both mrjcd and tatsuya46 for helping. Just a heads up, went to Costco today and guess what, the Netgear Orbi set (3 units) was discounted from $500 to 425, the lowest I have seen. But I do have a bunch of routers already.

The TV app may very well be the problem ..... very seldom use the appps on mine. Netflix worked great on it about a year ago but not as good now. Chromcast works dang good ... and of course it stays updated.
Watch a lot of Netflix on my android tablets and I can tell you there have been about a dozen netflix.app updates in last couple months ---- most TVs don't do that,,,,, even the smart TVs running the yahoo apps are way way far behind.
husky55
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 13:42    Post subject: update Reply with quote
Just a heads up for those who are interested in networking and home theater.
1. The r7500v2 and kong firmware work fine in a wds set up and I should add, in a repeater bridge mode as well. The later is more fussy to set up.
2. changed from the sony 940e wifi to wired and netflix to the amazon fire tv box fix the audio problem. So mrjcd and tatsuya46 were both right.
3. Watching AGT last night from comcast cable (no network since comcast is wired to the tv) and audio was skipping every few minutes on nbc. Tested on abc, same problem.So comcast is the culprit here. I cannot blame my onkyo tx-rx800 since audio was fine otherwise.
4. If you are into great tv picture go to avs forum. Great discussion about lg oled and lcd fald technology.
5. Jerry how did the 8/09 kong release works out? Should I or shoudn't I? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 17:12    Post subject: Re: update Reply with quote
husky55 wrote:
5. Jerry how did the 8/09 kong release works out? Should I or shoudn't I? Smile

Running great using it right now. Suggest to use Mixed for both wireless chans. Oh yeah NBC streaming sucks with my Spectrum/twc/comcast especially after commercial loads. I'm thinking it's software issue from nbc websites the way they handle HD ads content switching to videos.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 52, 53, 54  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 43 of 54
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: