Flashing Rocket M2 Titanium

StealthMicro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 0:46    Post subject: Flashing Rocket M2 Titanium Reply with quote
I am getting the Flash Checksum Error. I am assuming this is because of the newer boot loader on the Rocket M2 TI. How can I flash DD-WRT on this device? Is there older firmware available that I can download for it? I have searched google for the answers but no luck yet.

I have the newest firmware both TFTP and Web from the download / beta section for this device.
Sponsor
StealthMicro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 0:35    Post subject: Flashing DD-WRT on new Ubiquiti Bootloader? Reply with quote
How do you flash the DD-WRT firmware onto the new ubiquiti bootloader?

Do I need to install an older version of AirOS then install DD-WRT or is there a better way?

I am using the 12-24-2015 beta version of the firmware.

I get a CRC Checksum Error when trying to flash the new firmware via TFTP. I can flash the new AirOS firmware via TFTP no issue but I get that CRC Checksum Error with the DD-WRT firmware. I have tried several different beta versions of the firmware.
StealthMicro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 0:42    Post subject: Re: Flashing DD-WRT on new Ubiquiti Bootloader? Reply with quote
StealthMicro wrote:
I get a CRC Checksum Error when trying to flash the new firmware via TFTP. I can flash the new AirOS firmware via TFTP no issue but I get that CRC Checksum Error with the DD-WRT firmware. I have tried several different beta versions of the firmware.

Actually the error is NOT a CRC checksum error as I thought.

It is

Server stops the transfer.
Error #2: Firmware check failed.

I have included a picture to show the error as well.

StealthMicro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was able to solve the Error #2: Firmware failed message by going back to AirOS XW.v5.5.11 but now it does not give any errors but never responds to ping requests on 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.20.

I have randomly tried a few of the different betas for the Ubiquiti Rocket M2 Titanium but they all produce the same result. They give no error the lights start flashing slowly up and down then fast up and down and you see the ethernet light go out presumably during a reboot cycle and yet nothing comes back online.

Any ideas?
Slyexe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have had no issues flashing my NBM365 from the new bootloader of 5.6.x XM firmware, I have tried previous versions of the DD-WRT firmware with errors but to start off I just flashed from the webgui of AirOS using the tftp bin image and had no problems.

Otherwise, going from DD-WRT back to OpenWRT or AirOS I've had to use TFTP.

I've only used Linux to TFTP and have to make sure you are sending the file as a binary octet.

All the help I can give my friend.
StealthMicro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slyexe wrote:
I have had no issues flashing my NBM365 from the new bootloader of 5.6.x XM firmware, I have tried previous versions of the DD-WRT firmware with errors but to start off I just flashed from the webgui of AirOS using the tftp bin image and had no problems.

I think the issue may be the type of firmware I am trying to use. I guess there is now XM, XW and TI. This Rocket M2 Titanium has the TI firmware. That may be the issue at this point as I can not find any actual TI firmware on DD-WRT.

If I try to use either a XW tftp or web firmware image with the web gui I get

Firmware image check failed. Error code: -6

If I flash using TFTP it looks like it is going right but it never comes up with an IP address after the flash. I don't think there is a way other than opening the radio and doing a serial connection to see if the firmware actually took other than pinging 192.168.1.1

Please if someone has another suggestion let me know.
StealthMicro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I use the web flash image I get error...

Firmware image check failed. Error code: -4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: