TP-Link TL-WA854RE Rev. V1 (Unofficial Support)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

For development of a build specifically for this device, DD-WRT team needs one in hands, so what's better ?
We donate money so they could buy a device themselves.
73%
 73%  [ 30 ]
Donate a repeater ( if someone has one that get's dust).
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 41

marco69aurelio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
Hi all, I was excited when I was told devs got a working unit, thinking they will add an official build, but a couple months later and still no updates.
So I decided to continue the upgrade to new builds for now, so you can find the newest build attached in the first post that is working great for 4 days already.
Have a great week everybody Smile

Hello VSparxx,
first of all, thank you very much for having created this FW which finally made my TL-WA854RE v1 a very good repater!!!
I was using previous revision and now upgraded to lastvBuild 30731: it works perfectly!
Just a question: would that be possible you to list the changelog between previous and current build 30731?

Thanks again for your great work
Sponsor
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am really glad a lot of people find this thread great but i'm not the creator of the firmware, it's DD-WRT team's child and they should be thanked for it.
My only merits are creating and maintaining the thread and researching the initial compatibility with DD-WRT firmware...maybe some testing, but saying I deserve all the merits is too much Smile
Anyway enjoy this great firmware guys.
solbg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:12    Post subject: welll... Reply with quote
ok.. so.. I flashed the firmware and updated with the tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin VSparxx so nicely provided and it works... well up to the point where i try set it up and then well ... I follow the instructions from the firs then the second tutorial (separately)but the moment i hit apply and i cant see the repeater ssid and have to hard reset the whole thing to see it again ... tried a couple other tutorials on youtube but nothing. I tried to apply every step of the setup to see where it all goes south and i can pin point it to when i choose bridged connection. Help please.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 17:22    Post subject: Re: welll... Reply with quote
solbg wrote:
ok.. so.. I flashed the firmware and updated with the tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin VSparxx so nicely provided and it works... well up to the point where i try set it up and then well ... I follow the instructions from the firs then the second tutorial (separately)but the moment i hit apply and i cant see the repeater ssid and have to hard reset the whole thing to see it again ... tried a couple other tutorials on youtube but nothing. I tried to apply every step of the setup to see where it all goes south and i can pin point it to when i choose bridged connection. Help please.

Hi, just to make the things a bit more clear, are you following the first tutorial ( the repeater bridge one ) first and afterwards the Client mode one ?
solbg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
no I follow the first one do a 30 reset then the second one
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
solbg wrote:

Well it should work, are you waiting for enough time after you hit the apply button ?
Let's do it another way, after you configured everything according to your min router settings(do the Client mode setup tutorial ) hit the apply button and wait at least 5 minutes, then unplug the repeater and after 30 seconds plug it back to the wall socket, see what happens after a minute or two.
If this will not work the next step is to provide more details about your configuration, router settings, probably it's better to go with screenshots at this point.
Gianca90
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:

First, REALLY THANKS for your work, and the one from the DD-WRT TEAM! Thanks guys!

I have installed the latest dd-wrt firmware "Build 30731" and I'm succesfully using the "Bridge Client" mode! The tutorial in the first page was really clear and easy...

But I have some doubts, and I want to share my impression with you, and also the wireless settings I'm using (probably are not at all corrects).

So, this is my configuration.

I'm in the country, no other wireless near.. and I have the main modem (wifi called WLAN) and the TP Link Repeater really close (distance between <5 meters)..

In the main modem I have this settings: wifi channel 9 and 20/40 mhz; no other options to set.

In the TP link repeater I have this settings (this are the best I have find right now...)

Now I have a stable wireless connection with the device (with the original firware a lot of times I have no internet, packet loss and wifi connected <.< ) but the coverage is a little bit less then the original firmware and I can't get my devices to be connected at HT40 (only the link between the modem and the repeater is HT40)...

Also I have find that I can't set more tx power then 21db...

So my question are:

1) How I can connect my devices (in this case: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad 2, Samsung S4 Mini) in HT40 mode?

2) How I can go upper then 21 db tx power ?? Like 30db ? or what I can do to boost the coverage?

3) Do you suggest any Wifi settings better then the one I'm using? Other settings to optimize the speed?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have also noticed that if I set "Hidden ESSD" in the main modem, the wifi speed drops to HT20.. any Fix ?
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gianca90 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:

First, REALLY THANKS for your work, and the one from the DD-WRT TEAM! Thanks guys!

I have installed the latest dd-wrt firmware "Build 30731" and I'm succesfully using the "Bridge Client" mode! The tutorial in the first page was really clear and easy...

But I have some doubts, and I want to share my impression with you, and also the wireless settings I'm using (probably are not at all corrects).

So, this is my configuration.

I'm in the country, no other wireless near.. and I have the main modem (wifi called WLAN) and the TP Link Repeater really close (distance between <5 meters)..

In the main modem I have this settings: wifi channel 9 and 20/40 mhz; no other options to set.

In the TP link repeater I have this settings (this are the best I have find right now...)

Now I have a stable wireless connection with the device (with the original firware a lot of times I have no internet, packet loss and wifi connected <.< ) but the coverage is a little bit less then the original firmware and I can't get my devices to be connected at HT40 (only the link between the modem and the repeater is HT40)...

Also I have find that I can't set more tx power then 21db...

So my question are:

1) How I can connect my devices (in this case: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad 2, Samsung S4 Mini) in HT40 mode?

2) How I can go upper then 21 db tx power ?? Like 30db ? or what I can do to boost the coverage?

3) Do you suggest any Wifi settings better then the one I'm using? Other settings to optimize the speed?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have also noticed that if I set "Hidden ESSD" in the main modem, the wifi speed drops to HT20.. any Fix ?

Hi and thx for appreciation.
First of all I wouldn't recommend using "repeater bridge" mode aside from really necessary cases, like when you need all your devices to be in the same local network, but if your main goal is to have internet, I would go for the Client mode which is far more better, as maybe i'll repeat myself here but the bridging of devices is quite tricky and has a lot of problems that can't be resolved.
faeterov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I have a pair of WA750RE(EU) ver 1.3 sitting arround doing nothing... I came to this post from the search function of the forum, since it's on the first post.

Is't possible to install this firmware in the WA750RE Range Extender? I want to use them as an acces point.

Greetings!
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
faeterov wrote:
Hi, I have a pair of WA750RE(EU) ver 1.3 sitting arround doing nothing... I came to this post from the search function of the forum, since it's on the first post.

Is't possible to install this firmware in the WA750RE Range Extender? I want to use them as an acces point.

Greetings!

There is a user that described how he got this working on his WA60RE a page back, it might be the same for you...go for it...it's totally possible.
Tapirus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
solbg wrote:

Well it should work, are you waiting for enough time after you hit the apply button ?
Let's do it another way, after you configured everything according to your min router settings(do the Client mode setup tutorial ) hit the apply button and wait at least 5 minutes, then unplug the repeater and after 30 seconds plug it back to the wall socket, see what happens after a minute or two.
If this will not work the next step is to provide more details about your configuration, router settings, probably it's better to go with screenshots at this point.

Hi VSparxx and GreyDoc,
I really want to thank you sharing not only the bins but also additional information and supporting.

I have a WA854RE v1 Europe.

Despite pending a whole day trying following instructions, waiting and resetting, I face a similar issue,
a. client (bridged) connects fine but there is no Wifi activity from the repeater.
b. client mode ends up with no Wifi activity and a repeater that connot be reached anymore.

But ... again thanks to your work I could at least revert it to original stock firmware which works basically fine for me.
Kind regards, Tapirus.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tapirus wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
solbg wrote:

Hi VSparxx and GreyDoc,
I really want to thank you sharing not only the bins but also additional information and supporting.

Despite pending a whole day trying following instructions, waiting and resetting, I face a similar issue,
a. client (bridged) connects fine but there is no Wifi activity from the repeater.
b. client mode ends up with no Wifi activity and a repeater that connot be reached anymore.

But ... again thanks to your work I could at least revert it to original stock firmware which works basically fine for me.
Kind regards, Tapirus.

Hi Tapirus, can I ask you what build have you used, as if the latest beta available then that's why it behaved like that, as the latest build available is bugged, you should use the upgrade build I specified in the first thread.
Tapirus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
Tapirus wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
solbg wrote:

Hi VSparxx and GreyDoc,

Kind regards, Tapirus.

Hi Tapirus, can I ask you what build have you used, as if the latest beta available then that's why it behaved like that, as the latest build available is bugged, you should use the upgrade build I specified in the first thread.

Hi VSparxx,
I think firstly I upped WA901NDv3 build 28647 from GreyDoc after the Build 30731 from you, in the post of Tue Jan 12, 2016 15:01.
Might it be that I did sth wrong? Followed the instructions. But for client mode, what would be the SSID of the repeater? Where is that to be entered? In device name, right? I had it on DD-WRT but it was not visible in available WIFI connections. I am sure I did wait long enough because I was working in between on other things and gave it always more than enough time. Mostly 5 minutes or more.
Thanks, Tapirus.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tapirus wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
Tapirus wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
solbg wrote:

Hi VSparxx and GreyDoc,

Kind regards, Tapirus.

Hi VSparxx,
I think firstly I upped WA901NDv3 build 28647 from GreyDoc after the Build 30731 from you, in the post of Tue Jan 12, 2016 15:01.
Might it be that I did sth wrong? Followed the instructions. But for client mode, what would be the SSID of the repeater? Where is that to be entered? In device name, right? I had it on DD-WRT but it was not visible in available WIFI connections. I am sure I did wait long enough because I was working in between on other things and gave it always more than enough time. Mostly 5 minutes or more.
Thanks, Tapirus.

From what I read I can say that you definitely did it wrong, as you first connect the repeater to your main router's wifi by providing your main router information ( SSID, encryption used, the password ) , then you add a virtual access point where you specify how you wanna name your repeater's SSID and basically you choose the same encryption as for the main router, the password may differ ( in the case of the client mode ).
Tapirus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 20:40    Post subject: Repeater TPLINK TL-WA854RE - Client Mode setup Reply with quote
Hi VSparxx,
I gave it another try and got it wortking.
I found out that it is a tricky thing first of all regarding the "apply" and "save" button. Obviously but following exactly one instruction
1. I got kicked out of my router without being able to access at the end, and
2. it did not lead into the Virtual AP setup.

I can only get my Repeater working now using a Virtual AP where I can properly maintain SSID and password. And that is the only way for me using client mode.

Thanks again. You encouraged me to give it another try.
Kind regards, Tapirus.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: