TP-Link TL-WA854RE Rev. V1 (Unofficial Support)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

For development of a build specifically for this device, DD-WRT team needs one in hands, so what's better ?
We donate money so they could buy a device themselves.
73%
 73%  [ 30 ]
Donate a repeater ( if someone has one that get's dust).
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 41

VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 20:02    Post subject: Re: Repeater TPLINK TL-WA854RE - Client Mode setup Reply with quote
Tapirus wrote:

I can only get my Repeater working now using a Virtual AP where I can properly maintain SSID and password. And that is the only way for me using client mode.

Thanks again. You encouraged me to give it another try.
Kind regards, Tapirus.

It's all right, this is actually the only way to setup it in client mode, think of it this way, the main AP acts as a wire through which you get the signal from your main router to the repeater, and to be able to broadcast that signal to your devices you need a new virtual AP.
Hope this clears things a bit for you.
Sponsor
Zigardeli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everybody, can someone test the latest build (12-15-2016-r30949)?
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zigardeli wrote:

It's already tested and it's not good, also as I said I'll keep the first post updated with working upgrade builds so there is no point in asking to test builds here.
Zigardeli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
Zigardeli wrote:

It's already tested and it's not good, also as I said I'll keep the first post updated with working upgrade builds so there is no point in asking to test builds here.

Thank you VSparxx for the quick reply.
I am on DD-WRT v3.0-r30731 std (10/06/16) and i found some bugs but forgot to write them down so i could post them here. I thought first going to the latest version, reset the settings and then start writing the new ones i face so i can post it here for everyone to know.

In what way it is not good? It is not better than my version (the one posted on the first post) meaning with less bugs or new features?
omerdeniz99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
visit this site to setup Client Mode succesful

http://electrodisc.com/dd-wrt/atheros/repeater.htm
I am now using without package error and works correct Smile

Tapirus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 13:30    Post subject: WA854RE - Way to connect to OpenVPN? Reply with quote
Hi there,
is there a way to configure the WA854RE as an OpenVPN client?

I want to use NordVPN through it.

Thanks, Tapirus.
Tapirus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 14:05    Post subject: Re: WA854RE - Way to connect to OpenVPN? Reply with quote
Tapirus wrote:
Hi there,
is there a way to configure the WA854RE as an OpenVPN client?

I want to use NordVPN through it.

Thanks, Tapirus.

Sorry, just overread this one from page 7:
KrypteX posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:56

No OpenVPN because it has only 4MB.

Does anybody know a cheap but good Router with
- repeater mode and
- OpenVPN client setup?
Not necessarily running on DD-WRT ...
Thx Tapirus.
sharkyslo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi.

Thanks to you all for solving TL-WA854RE stability problems with this DD-WRT software.

I have followed instructions and everythig works great.

I only have one problem... Signal strength indicator LEDs does not work... Am I the only person there with this problem, or someone has the same experience?

Thank you for all the answers.
Zigardeli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi again. My rev is 1.2 . The problem i face is RX errors on ath0 (16247 in 3 days) and not possible to connect with HT40. I tried putting the device next to the main router with no objects between and still the same. With stock firmware HT40 was working fine with 300 mbps speed.

Any advice?

Thank you!
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zigardeli wrote:
Hi again. My rev is 1.2 . The problem i face is RX errors on ath0 (16247 in 3 days) and not possible to connect with HT40. I tried putting the device next to the main router with no objects between and still the same. With stock firmware HT40 was working fine with 300 mbps speed.

Any advice?

Thank you!

What is the operating mode of your device ?
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
sharkyslo wrote:
Hi.

Thanks to you all for solving TL-WA854RE stability problems with this DD-WRT software.

I only have one problem... Signal strength indicator LEDs does not work... Am I the only person there with this problem, or someone has the same experience?

The indicators aren't working for anyone, but it's not a problem for me personally.
Zigardeli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:

Client Bridge (Routed)

VSparxx wrote:
The indicators aren't working for anyone, but it's not a problem for me personally.

How can i find and fix my device indicators? Who shall i ask? Whos problem is it so might help me ?

P.S. I am doing some tests to reduce the error ratio and at the same time improve the download bandwidth of the device and hopefully will report back here for everyone else facing my problems to know.

By the way i really have to say that the DD-WRT team has done a great job... Congratulations!!!
sharkyslo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
sharkyslo wrote:
Hi.

OK, I just want to make sure, that I did the right procedure. And it really works like a charm. It is reliable, fast and with no errors.

Firstly I had some problems with rx and tx packets, but after some different settings I have managed to solved this issue.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zigardeli wrote:
VSparxx wrote:

Client Bridge (Routed)

It might be related to this, as the bridged mode is flawed, it has been explained in the past why it's flawed so your best bet on the best speed and stability is to go "Client".
Zigardeli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
It might be related to this, as the bridged mode is flawed, it has been explained in the past why it's flawed so your best bet on the best speed and stability is to go "Client".

OK i will test it when i have some spare time and report back... Thank you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: