TP-Link TL-WA854RE Rev. V1 (Unofficial Support)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

For development of a build specifically for this device, DD-WRT team needs one in hands, so what's better ?
We donate money so they could buy a device themselves.
73%
 73%  [ 30 ]
Donate a repeater ( if someone has one that get's dust).
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 41

waitingonandre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:26    Post subject: TL-WA854RE v1 bricked Reply with quote
I just loaded the firmware 03-31-2016-r29387 › tplink_tl-wa901ndv3 > tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin onto the extender and I just bricked it. It now keeps flashing in every 6 seconds. I tried the 30/30/30 reset and it wouldn't work. Is there other way to fix this? Thanks.
Sponsor
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:44    Post subject: Re: TL-WA854RE v1 bricked Reply with quote
waitingonandre wrote:
I just loaded the firmware 03-31-2016-r29387 › tplink_tl-wa901ndv3 > tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin onto the extender and I just bricked it. It now keeps flashing in every 6 seconds. I tried the 30/30/30 reset and it wouldn't work. Is there other way to fix this? Thanks.

That's why I was saying that you should only update to builds i test, as I do a bit of research on them prior applying them on the repeater.
Nonethless if you just read the comments in that build thread you could of been in a better position now, as basicaly all the people there bricked their routers.
Now your only hope for recovery is serial, as this device doesn't have any other way.
Plauto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
GreyDoc wrote:
Plauto wrote:
Here is me again, to tell that another TP-Link TL-WA854RE v1 wifi repeater was successfully flashed with the provided DD-WRT firmware (courtesy of VSparxx and GreyDoc), was upgraded to the mentioned Build 29048 (BTW, did anyone upgrade to any version later than 29048?) and is currently working (fingers crossed!).

I will keep you posted in a week or so to let you know if stability is good; wish me well!

Count one more ready to donate for official support for the device, I'd like to see the LEDs working correctly again!

there shouldn't be issues with updating to the WA901NDv3 webflash build 29193
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/03-02-2016-r29193/tplink_tl-wa901ndv3/tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin

if you're brave, give WR841NDv8 webflash build 29193 a try
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/03-02-2016-r29193/tplink_tl-wr841ndv8/tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin

one can webflash back and forth between WA901NDv3 and WR841NDv8, it's the same hardware (for testing led behavior)

Here I am again: the device has been happily chugging away since one month straight without problems.
I want to thank all those responsible for the DD-WRT firmware and in particular to GreyDoc and VSparxx! Very Happy

If there are no different indications to low-danger newer versions - I see there's been at least one (29387) which caused bricking - I'll try the advised build (29193) for both WA901NDv3 and WR841NDv8 devices and report back as soon as I'm done.

Thanks again!
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Plauto wrote:

Here I am again: the device has been happily chugging away since one month straight without problems.
I want to thank all those responsible for the DD-WRT firmware and in particular to GreyDoc and VSparxx! Very Happy

If there are no different indications to low-danger newer versions - I see there's been at least one (29387) which caused bricking - I'll try the advised build (29193) for both WA901NDv3 and WR841NDv8 devices and report back as soon as I'm done.

Thanks again!

You can keep an eye on the first thread, i ocasionally test a build, if i think it's good enough, there is a "Working builds" section.
ms182
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello!
This is my first post so frogive me any mistakes.

I have the TP-Link TL-WA854RE wifi repeater. The original firmware kept randomly disconnecting from the internet. Just a quick disconnect/reconnect to the repeater wifi fixed the problem, but it grew tiring over the time. I went looking for a fix and came around this thread.

I downloaded and installed the DD-WRT firmware. Followed the instruction closely, as I don't know much about configuring routers.

The repeater is now working fine, but only for the first minute or so from connecting to the repeater wifi. After that it just disconnects from the internet. And the same as with the original firmware, a simple disconnect/reconnect to the repeater wifi gets it to work again, but only for another minute.

Any chance for help with this?
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ms182 wrote:
Hello!

I have the TP-Link TL-WA854RE wifi repeater. The original firmware kept randomly disconnecting from the internet. Just a quick disconnect/reconnect to the repeater wifi fixed the problem, but it grew tiring over the time. I went looking for a fix and came around this thread.

I downloaded and installed the DD-WRT firmware. Followed the instruction closely, as I don't know much about configuring routers.

The repeater is now working fine, but only for the first minute or so from connecting to the repeater wifi. After that it just disconnects from the internet. And the same as with the original firmware, a simple disconnect/reconnect to the repeater wifi gets it to work again, but only for another minute.

You need to be more specific about your setup on both sides, I mean wireless settings on main router and on repeater side.
It will be even better if you just provide some screenshots.
ms182
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
ms182 wrote:
Hello!

You need to be more specific about your setup on both sides, I mean wireless settings on main router and on repeater side.

I'm adding the screenshots of the two settings tabs that I worked with while following the instructions.

The repeater connects to the internet via home router just fine, but loses internet connection very shortly after connecting laptop to it, so it seems to me that the problem is with the repeater (I also honestly don't know what kind of information from the router you'd want me to post).

It works the same with both same SSIDs (extended home router wifi network) and different SSIDs (separate wifi network bridged from the home router). Screenshot only has different names so I can actually use the home network while working on the repeater.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
ms182 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
ms182 wrote:
Hello!

I'm adding the screenshots of the two settings tabs that I worked with while following the instructions.

The repeater connects to the internet via home router just fine, but loses internet connection very shortly after connecting laptop to it, so it seems to me that the problem is with the repeater (I also honestly don't know what kind of information from the router you'd want me to post).

It works the same with both same SSIDs (extended home router wifi network) and different SSIDs (separate wifi network bridged from the home router). Screenshot only has different names so I can actually use the home network while working on the repeater.

Try and change the network mode from G only to B/G/N and also put Channel Width to 20/40...see if this changes anything.
Also you just could provide the same info for the main router as it was for the repeater.
ms182
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:

Try and change the network mode from G only to B/G/N and also put Channel Width to 20/40...see if this changes anything.
Also you just could provide the same info for the main router as it was for the repeater.

Finally got to sit and work on this one. I tried changing network mode and channel width, no effect given. Internet connection seems stable for around 30 seconds and then just drops. Windows wifi indicator shows as if it's still connected to the internet, somehow (falsely).

I'm adding a screenshot of router wireless settings. I noticed that some security options weren't matching (security encryption) and switched to AES. It seemed to work at first - connection held longer, maybe even for 1 or 2 minutes, but then dropped as usual.

Later I noticed the "Group Key Update Period", which 30 seconds accidentally matched the 30 seconds long internet connection. Tried changing that, to no effect as well.

I have no idea what to do next, so I hope the router settings screenshot will clarify a bit.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
ms182 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:

Finally got to sit and work on this one. I tried changing network mode and channel width, no effect given. Internet connection seems stable for around 30 seconds and then just drops. Windows wifi indicator shows as if it's still connected to the internet, somehow (falsely).

I'm adding a screenshot of router wireless settings. I noticed that some security options weren't matching (security encryption) and switched to AES. It seemed to work at first - connection held longer, maybe even for 1 or 2 minutes, but then dropped as usual.

Later I noticed the "Group Key Update Period", which 30 seconds accidentally matched the 30 seconds long internet connection. Tried changing that, to no effect as well.

I have no idea what to do next, so I hope the router settings screenshot will clarify a bit.

On the main router i'd switch the mode from "54Mbps G" only to "54Mbps B/G" and the Encryption from "automatic" to "AES".
ms182
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
ms182 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:

On the main router i'd switch the mode from "54Mbps G" only to "54Mbps B/G" and the Encryption from "automatic" to "AES".

B and G are the only options I get. Tried switching to B, changed the repeater to B-only as well. Seemed to work longer (minute or even more), but still dropped connection as in the end as usual.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
ms182 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
ms182 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:

B and G are the only options I get. Tried switching to B, changed the repeater to B-only as well. Seemed to work longer (minute or even more), but still dropped connection as in the end as usual.

Ok, then leave it G, but make the change with encryption.
Also what options does have Authentication ?
ms182
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
ms182 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
ms182 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:

I set it to G, and I changed the encryption to AES. I hope this next screenshot is what you're asking for. Thank you for all the help.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
ms182 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
ms182 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
ms182 wrote:
VSparxx wrote:

I set it to G, and I changed the encryption to AES. I hope this next screenshot is what you're asking for. Thank you for all the help.

Man...basically you need to set up all to be a static value, nothing on automatic, because when you have something on auto, it means that it can change it's value, so if you chose WPA2-PSK, you need to put in security type also WPA2-PSK, because all these AUTO values are messing with the range extender, how did u even knew what to put on the range extender side if you don't have a static model, for you it was all on auto...

Now aside from the problem discussed with ms182, i want to ask people if they know what a poll means, why vote and not leave feedback, if you vote that you want to donate money then discuss about it here, because when i proposed to buy the device and all the voting guys to send me some money, basically splitting the spending nobody left any feedback...really, why voting if nobody wants to do something.
Also the 3 people that voted that they have the device getting dust and can send it to DD-WRT team, it also would be great to see some feedback from you, so we know ... maybe somebody indeed has already sent a device to the team, and the poll is pointless now.
fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

First of all, thank you for the great work here. Even though I am facing some trouble, the original firmware was problematic by itself and I don't think that TP-Link would ever do anything about it.
I want to say that I voted for donation and I am available to help getting a device to the team.

As far as the problems I'm facing.. I am having the same issues as ms182, the connection works fine in the first 1/2 min then, there is no internet, everything has static configurations and I have tried multiple different setups, but anything seems to make the deal. I am running build 29308.

If anyone finds a solution for this, please let me know. Also, if the donation thing is up, let me know, I will participate.

Thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: