howto enable debugging of wpa_supplicant on WHR-G300N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
mdach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 14:46    Post subject: howto enable debugging of wpa_supplicant on WHR-G300N Reply with quote
Hello,

I like to join an (eduroam) WLAN with a Buffalo WHR-G300N as a client to supply some wired devices. I already got today's most recent firmware r28788 (01/13/16) running, but the wireless client mode doesn't work.
I tried this with an unencrypted WLAN: works perfectly.
But now I need this "802.1x" security mode. I have no idea what's wrong, so I'd like to see some debug-output, I think the wpa_supplicant should give me some hints.
Or are there any other informations I haven't met yet?
Right now I just enabled syslogd, but can't find any output from wpa_supplicant.
I also tried to start wpa_supplicant in foreground (not as demon) with -d, but there's no output?
Some seeking here tells me that
Code:
CONFIG_NOMESSAGE=y
while building the firmware prevents me from getting any useful debugging information?
So how can I go on? Re-build everything? Or just replace the wpa_supplicant? Maybe the firmware_mod_kit can help?

Thanks,
Jochen
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: