Edgerouter Lite slow throughput with Centurylink fiber

looch350
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 18:53    Post subject: Edgerouter Lite slow throughput with Centurylink fiber Reply with quote
Hello,

I am a subscriber to 1Gig fiber internet through Centurylink in Denver, CO. When originally installed, I was using a Centurylink provided Technicolor C2000T router and could consistently get ~920Mbps u/d using their speed test (speedtest.qwest.net) with about 4ms latency on a hardwired desktop.

I have purchased the Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite and got it working using the latest EdgeOS firmware but with it I am only able to get ~130Mbps u/d with 14ms latency. I tried changing a bunch of settings but nothing could speed it up. Thinking there was bug in their EdgeOS, I swapped out the USB stick for a DD-WRT build (28788).

I now have the DD-WRT install working and the speeds have increased to ~290Mbps u/d...still now where close to the telco provided hardware. Is there a setting that I am missing that is causing the ERL to no properly work with the telco equipment?

Centurylink is a PPPoE system with a requirement for Vlan tagging of 201. I have also set the MTU on the PPPoE link to 1492 per their instructions.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: