Difficulty setting up my VPN on DD-WRT

Sharqb8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:56    Post subject: Difficulty setting up my VPN on DD-WRT Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I'm a dd-wrt newbie and having trouble getting my VPN (PureVPN) set up on my recently (dd-wrt) flashed Linksys wrt1900ac v1.

Firstly can I say I am highly impressed with the vast number of ways that routers can be configured using dd-wrt. I am a hobby IT Geek so please forgive any unintended faux pas.

I should point out a few more things next:
1.The firmware/router are working perfectly well as a normal wifi network running dd-wrt - That was step 1 done Smile
2. I live in Dubai and my ISP (no names mentioned) blocks PPTP ports so I have opted to use the OpenVPN approach
3. My hardware is a Macbook Pro running El Capitan so I opted for Viscosity to get the correct config files for OpenVPN
4. I have studied the available configuration guides, FAQ, forums, etc. provided on the dd-wrt, PureVPN and OpenVPN sites in detail and tried all of the work-arounds, trouble shooting approaches all without success
5. My motivation is to be able to access Netflix, iView, , etc. on any device at home as the starting point and leave anything more complex to follow

My question is, given the above is there a systematic route I should follow to get VPN working on my dd-wrt?

BTW, I think the Linksys wrt1900ac is an awesome looking and performing router

Sharqb8
Sponsor
curds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 16:04    Post subject: Netflix on VPN Reply with quote
Have you managed to configure your router and vpn so it allows access to Netflix? I had to remove VPN (using Private internet Access) when Netflix stopped working and I was told it was an issue with using VPN
timjhancock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sucess!. I tried a different VPN provider on a recommendation from someone who was also having problems here in the UAE. I used Private Internet Access (PIA). Their setup process was much simpler. Unfortunately I got my VPN router running smoothly just as Netfix decided to block accounts if they are using a VPN !!!!!

Unbelievable timing! Now I will have to wait to see if PIA comes up with a work-around
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: