Cannot connect to internet after flasing netgear WNR2000v3

comsec1053
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 17:21    Post subject: Cannot connect to internet after flasing netgear WNR2000v3 Reply with quote
I flashed my router with the suggested versions.i followed the instruction provided. everything went as planed until i tried to load the wrn2000v3-webflash.bin file. I received an error when trying to load the file. The interface is up and running and it appears to be showing the correct info. I have a Comcast modem with a static IP. As stated i can access the DD-WRT control panel. I have reset both the Comcast and DD-WRT routers and done a hard rest on the DD-WRT.
Is it the webflash file that keeping off the internet? If so how do i fix it. if not what else can i do?
Sponsor
mbmalone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:43    Post subject: Re: Cannot connect to internet after flasing netgear WNR2000 Reply with quote
comsec1053 wrote:
I flashed my router with the suggested versions.i followed the instruction provided. everything went as planed until i tried to load the wrn2000v3-webflash.bin file. I received an error when trying to load the file. The interface is up and running and it appears to be showing the correct info. I have a Comcast modem with a static IP. As stated i can access the DD-WRT control panel. I have reset both the Comcast and DD-WRT routers and done a hard rest on the DD-WRT.
Is it the webflash file that keeping off the internet? If so how do i fix it. if not what else can i do?

I have that router and couldn't get the wireless working with the latest dd-wrt. It worked in the earlier 2016 release. I had to reset it back to factory firmware, holding a paperclip in the tiny hole while plugging the power cable for 30-40 secs. There is a video on youtube which can explain. Then run a firmware update utility to reinstall factory firmware. This one worked best for me. http://www.draytek.nl/downloads/tools/#footer You will be able to fix it if you have all the files downloaded and just read a little. It's not permanently broken. It has the Atheros CPU so see Atheros forum, not the Broadcom.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: