YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
fvargasfrank
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Change your volume name to jffs and ddwrt will auto mount it without having to enter the UUID.
Same for a volume named opt.

Ok i will do that,

i added
sleep 45
/jffs/YAMon3/startup.sh

i had one already in there
/jffs/YAMon3/startup.sh 10 (I remove this )

i left the restart the same

Thanks for the help
Sponsor
garglebutt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had it working but it isn't working again even after updating to latest files. The data collection works but I'm getting an error in yamon3.0.js relating to a missing function hiddenDevices(). Given this file is hosted elsewhere I assume it is an edit in progress?

Not sure if that is the only problem but it prevents the web interface from completing.
garglebutt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
garglebutt wrote:
I've had it working but it isn't working again even after updating to latest files. The data collection works but I'm getting an error in yamon3.0.js relating to a missing function hiddenDevices(). Given this file is hosted elsewhere I assume it is an edit in progress?

Not sure if that is the only problem but it prevents the web interface from completing.
Hmm and now it working again. Confused
NeoAcid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since my router doesnt have USB port, and I don't have a NAS, if i use samba do I have to keep the computer on all the time? can i use cloud storage as network drive for the router?
Bricoleur
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
NeoAcid wrote:
Since my router doesnt have USB port, and I don't have a NAS, if i use samba do I have to keep the computer on all the time? can i use cloud storage as network drive for the router?

Me, I don't have an USB port on my router !

For use YaMon, I use option jffs directory... But I'm obligate to delete all LOG and all hourly-data file ! For Samba : does another person can say if Yamon can save his file on Samba server ?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
NeoAcid wrote:

Yes the samba 'drive' would have to be available (i.e., on) at all times.

It would be relatively simple to FTP the data files to a separate 'cloud' location... If you have a site, on the script side, all it would need is the configuration settings (username, password & path, update frequency, ???). Oh, and code to send the data files. It could be implemented as a separate cronies job but you'd run the risk of sending incomplete files.

It may take some time to tweak the reports... And there would likely be a longer delay between updates to reduce loads on the router.

I'll add this to the to-do list.

Al
TheRealMrZippy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying to get YAMon3 installed onto my router. I am running DD-WRT on an x86 box (paid version).

The USB mounts to /usr/local/

I DL the script, run it.. but I get the following:

Welcome to the YAMon3.0 installer

Please report any issues to
install@usage-monitoring.com

Please specify the fully qualified path to your
installation directory - e.g., `/usr/local/YAMon3/`.

Either
- hit <enter> to accept `/usr/local/YAMon3/`, or
- type your preferred installation location:

Installing YAMon...

chmod: /usr/local/YAMon3/setup.sh: No such file or directory
/usr/local/YAMon3/install.sh: source: line 112: can't open '/usr/local/YAMon3/includes/getlatest.sh'

Can't seem to get the damn thing to install. Help?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Al
garglebutt wrote:

hiddenDevices is in `util3.0.js`... try clearing the cache and reloading the page (<ctrl>+F5).

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheRealMrZippy wrote:
I've been trying to get YAMon3 installed onto my router. I am running DD-WRT on an x86 box (paid version).

I DL the script, run it.. but I get the following:

<snip>

chmod: /usr/local/YAMon3/setup.sh: No such file or directory
/usr/local/YAMon3/install.sh: source: line 112: can't open '/usr/local/YAMon3/includes/getlatest.sh'

Sorry for the frustration! It sounds to me like a permissions problem. Does the `/usr/local/YAMon3/` directory actually get created?

First & foremost, what version of the installer are you running? It should say `Updated: 2016-02-06 21:10EST` at the top of the file... (that is the closest thing I have to a `version #` ATM). If yours has a different date, please try again with the latest (see the zip file on the first page of this thread).

If that still does not work, change the first line of the file to `#!/bin/sh -x` to see if that gives more info.

Al
NeoAcid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
That seems like a lot more steps compares to just usb port. Still wondering why dd-wrt doesnt have a built-in IP bandwidth monitor.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
NeoAcid wrote:
That seems like a lot more steps compares to just usb port. Still wondering why dd-wrt doesnt have a built-in IP bandwidth monitor.

I could not agree more. As the installation notes read, a USB port on your router is the easiest way to run YAMon and anything else will be more complicated and/or require more work.

I'm biased but I think there already is a perfectly good solution to track per IP bandwidth. Smile Whether it is YAMon or any other tool, permanent data storage is a required part of the solution. I would not want to put that much info into nvram... so a USB port is once again the simplest solution.

Al
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheRealMrZippy wrote:

Rename your USB volume to opt and see if it automounts to /opt.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
bartekd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just noticed this and Im not sure if others are having the same issue. It shows 0 bytes for upload and download for the "Unlimited interval". It shows it that way since I updated YAMon.

I am using Version:3.0.3
fvargasfrank
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont know what the problem is but it stops working at random, I dont know if their is any report i can provide to see whats going on.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
fvargasfrank wrote:
I dont know what the problem is but it stops working at random, I dont know if their is any report i can provide to see whats going on.

Please provide more info. What stops working? The reports in the browser or the script running on your router? Does YAMon restart on its own or do you have to do something?

Please set _logLevel=0 in your config.file and let things run. Hopefully the log will capture what is happening when things stop. Please zip the log file and send it to me.

Sorry, I cannot help without more info!

Al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: