YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
nitinvaid20 wrote:
i am getting error dont know why
"
ln: /mnt/NIGHTHAWK/YAMon/setup.sh: Operation not permitted"

What file system did you use when you formatted your USB drive? Is it ext3 or ext4 or is it FAT32? If the last one, apparently, FAT32 does not support symlinks so you should disable the symlink feature (by setting _symlink2data='0' in your config.file).

Either way, it sounds like your firmware does not support the `ln` function (which is used to create symlinks). Do you have an up-to-date firmware version? Have you looked into refreshing your firmware? see http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=update-firmware

Al
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
mkaand wrote:
Al, looks like I found out what is unknown device (Unknown MAC)

MY OpenVPN interface probably:

Interesting... it looks like it gets an incomplete MAC (00:00:00:00:00:00)...

ATM, YAMon completely ignores those entries (but that has changed in my db variant of the code. Once I've gotten 3.3 and the db variants settled down, I'll look into merging the two into a common parsing engine.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 21:38    Post subject: Re: Really big [b]Huh?!?[/b] Reply with quote
titanium_akt wrote:
al_c wrote:
titanium_akt wrote:
Dear Al,

Not sure I understand what you are asking?
Does this help at all - http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=unknown-mac ?

Or do you have another question?

Al

Dear Al,
Difference percentage goes up to about 50% when i use PPTP instead of static IP or DHCP for WAN side!
It duplicates everything that passes WAN and my real usage is about half of what it shows.
I be leave i have latest version installed.
Have you ever tested PPTP or L2TP connection in DD-WRT:
Setup > Basic Setup > WAN Setup > WAN Connection Type > Connection Type > PPTP or L2TP
Is this option compatible with YAMON?

Sorry, I have *not* test with PPTP or L2TP. I always use the Automatic Configuration in that dropdown.

Given your results, I'd hazard a guess that YAMon is not currently compatible with those options.
titanium_akt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:58    Post subject: Re: Really big [b]Huh?!?[/b] Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
titanium_akt wrote:
al_c wrote:
titanium_akt wrote:
Dear Al,

Al

Dear Al,
Difference percentage goes up to about 50% when i use PPTP instead of static IP or DHCP for WAN side!
It duplicates everything that passes WAN and my real usage is about half of what it shows.
Setup > Basic Setup > WAN Setup > WAN Connection Type > Connection Type > PPTP or L2TP

Sorry, I have *not* test with PPTP or L2TP. I always use the Automatic Configuration in that dropdown.

Given your results, I'd hazard a guess that YAMon is not currently compatible with those options.

Thanks,
I think i'll have to cope with this issue by ignoring half of traffic shown in charts and figures.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 13:51    Post subject: Re: Really big [b]Huh?!?[/b] Reply with quote
titanium_akt wrote:
al_c wrote:
titanium_akt wrote:
al_c wrote:
titanium_akt wrote:
Dear Al,

Al

Dear Al,

Thanks,
I think i'll have to cope with this issue by ignoring half of traffic shown in charts and figures.

Just a thought... back in v3.1.4, I changed YAMon so that it adds the YAMONv4 rule in the INPUT, FORWARD and OUTPUT chains... (previously, I'd only added it to the FORWARD rule)

What happens if you delete the entry from the INPUT &/or OUTPUT chains? Does that fix the numbers? I suggest you do one at a time to see which one causes the problem.

To delete the entry... in PuTTY or equivalent,
* enter `iptables -L INPUT --line-numbers` to get a list of all rules in the chain
* then enter `iptables -D INPUT "x"` (where "x" is the line number associated with YAMon... you do not need to put the quotes around the number)

A more brute force way is to flush the chain `iptables -F INPUT` (but that indiscriminately removes all other entries).

NB - if you restart YAMon, it will re-create those entries but if you find removing one or other fixes the issue, then I'll add a(nother) parameter in config.file).

Let me know if this helps

Al
LysanderM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:57    Post subject: Re: Really big [b]Huh?!?[/b] Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
titanium_akt wrote:
al_c wrote:
titanium_akt wrote:
al_c wrote:
titanium_akt wrote:
Dear Al,

Al

Dear Al,

Thanks,

Just a thought... back in v3.1.4, I changed YAMon so that it adds the YAMONv4 rule in the INPUT, FORWARD and OUTPUT chains... (previously, I'd only added it to the FORWARD rule)

What happens if you delete the entry from the INPUT &/or OUTPUT chains? Does that fix the numbers? I suggest you do one at a time to see which one causes the problem.

To delete the entry... in PuTTY or equivalent,
* enter `iptables -L INPUT --line-numbers` to get a list of all rules in the chain
* then enter `iptables -D INPUT "x"` (where "x" is the line number associated with YAMon... you do not need to put the quotes around the number)

A more brute force way is to flush the chain `iptables -F INPUT` (but that indiscriminately removes all other entries).

NB - if you restart YAMon, it will re-create those entries but if you find removing one or other fixes the issue, then I'll add a(nother) parameter in config.file).

Let me know if this helps

Al

Hi Al,

Sadly, your suggestion didn't help at all.

I've even tried to define my WAN_MAC address as Bridge within config file by using bridge (turned 0 to 1), which did not help either.

Maybe an option could be added to the config, that provides byPassing one or more addresses from data usage, or maybe from the calculation of usage on the Web-GUI.

Here is my temporary solution.

Edit: I've changed the config file variables like following. This fixed the duplication of the calculation.
Code:
_ignoreGateway=1
_gatewayMAC="MA:CA:DD:R:E:SS" # WAN_MAC

Last edited by LysanderM on Mon May 29, 2017 6:31; edited 2 times in total
RandomJerk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 14:39    Post subject: USB Automount issues Reply with quote
Hi all. I was able to install Yamon 3 on a USB Flash drive fine,at-least a couple of times. As per the image shown, I have turned on auto-mount and using the UUID of the flash drive, was able to mount that drive to /opt and got to install Yamon 3 and it runs fine. The issue is that the auto-mount is lost after a restart. I have setup to restart my router once a day and after restarting, I don't see anything in /opt, and thus Yamon doesn't work. Not sure what is happening with my usb drive after restart. Any ideas or help is appreciated.

FYI, I'm running DD-WRT v3.0-r31980M kongat (05/11/17) on Netgear Nighthawk R7800.

Yamon_USB_AutoMount.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.19 KB
 Viewed:  7863 Time(s)

Yamon_USB_AutoMount.png

ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:46    Post subject: Re: USB Automount issues Reply with quote
RandomJerk wrote:
Hi all.
FYI, I'm running DD-WRT v3.0-r31980M kongat (05/11/17) on Netgear Nighthawk R7800.

Try naming your volume label to opt.
DD-WRT will automount any volumes named opt and jffs.
If this doesn't work get a different stick.

I run a R7800 on 31980M with a dual volume stick and no issues.

I have in the past found usb sticks that were problematic before they landed in the waste can.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
RandomJerk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 13:20    Post subject: Re: USB Automount issues Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
RandomJerk wrote:
Hi all.

I have in the past found usb sticks that were problematic before they landed in the waste can.

Thanks for the response. I tried it with 2 different sticks and still see the same behavior. I'll to name the stick as opt and see how it goes.
evac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks to YaMon I was able to find out why so much bandwidth is being used. It appears as though my desktop is basically always uploading data. It's about 10 MB every few minutes or so. Now I have no idea why it's doing this, i've thoroughly scanned my PC and checked for rootkits. Is there anyway I could deep dive with YaMon to figure out where on my desktop this is coming from?

Forgot to note, the only application I have running (besides chrome to type this and view yamon) is Teamviewer. i'm at work and have to remote into my PC.

Thanks in advanced.
evac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
slight update:

i rebooted the PC and checked YAMon again, now it shows upload and download split around 250 MB.

Whereas around 12:42 PM PST it was showing upload was at 385, not sure why or how that occurs. But 4 hours 500 mb total seems way wrong.
bartekd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had this issue before, and it turned out my box.com app was constantly uploading even though I had no files in my box folder. I believe there are apps out there that will tell which apps or services are using the bandwidth. It was a while ago so I forget what I used to narrow it down, but Im sure you can find something that will tell you which program or service is using the most bandwidth.

evac wrote:
slight update:

i rebooted the PC and checked YAMon again, now it shows upload and download split around 250 MB.

Whereas around 12:42 PM PST it was showing upload was at 385, not sure why or how that occurs. But 4 hours 500 mb total seems way wrong.
evac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
So far i've checked with Wireshark and resource monitor, nothing fishy showed up. And i made sure to stop processes from running in the background that don't need to be there.
RandomJerk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 13:20    Post subject: Re: USB Automount issues Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
RandomJerk wrote:
Hi all.

Changing the volume label to opt seems to have fixed the issue for me. Thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated Smile
moh1t
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 20:30    Post subject: R7000 repeater bridge Reply with quote
Hi Al

I tried YAMon on my repeater bridge setup late last year but it didn't work then. I recently upgraded my main router.

I tried it again today but all traffic from devices behind the repeater bridge still get counted under the repeater bridge's mac. Do we have a solution for this yet?

Thanks
M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 95 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: