YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php

halucigenia wrote:
I just found out about YAMon and am wanting to install it to collect data from my TP-Link Mr200 on which I have just installed LEDE.
The problem is it does not have a USB port

I see from reading information above that YAMon now has FTP and also Database logging capability. Will this enable routers without USB capabilities to log externally from the router and run reports?

If so is there a guide on how to do this anywhere?

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
Sponsor
scope2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Config:
_enable_ftp='1'
_ftp_site='192.168.0.8'
_ftp_user='YAMon'
_ftp_pswd='xxxxx'
_ftp_dir='yamon'

Log file:
2017-07-23 16:05:10 1 save2File --> data saved to /opt/YAMon3/data/2017/07/2017-07-23-hourly_data.js
2017-07-23 16:05:10 1 send2FTP --> /opt/YAMon3/data/2017/07/2017-07-23-hourly_data.js sent to FTP site (yamon/)

Shell error:
ftpput: unexpected server response to STOR: 553 yamon/: Is a directory.

--------------------

Command line attempt using help from your post on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:49

Replicate error:
root@Nighthawk:/opt/YAMon3# ftpput -u YAMon -p xxxxx 192.168.0.8 /yamon /opt/YAMon3/config.file -v
Connecting to 192.168.0.8 (192.168.0.8:21)
ftpput: cmd (null) (null)
ftpput: cmd USER YAMon
ftpput: cmd PASS xxxxx
ftpput: cmd TYPE I (null)
ftpput: cmd PASV (null)
ftpput: cmd STOR /yamon
ftpput: unexpected server response to STOR: 553 /yamon: Is a directory.

root@Nighthawk:/opt/YAMon3# ftpput -u YAMon -p xxxxx 192.168.0.8 /yamon/config.file /opt/YAMon3/config.file -v
Connecting to 192.168.0.8 (192.168.0.8:21)
ftpput: cmd USER YAMon
ftpput: cmd PASS xxxxx
ftpput: cmd TYPE I (null)
ftpput: cmd PASV (null)
ftpput: cmd STOR /yamon/config.file
ftpput: cmd QUIT (null)

Looking at my log file compared to @ddaniel51 above it looks like you are trying to copy /opt/YAMon3/data/2017/07/2017-07-23-hourly_data.js to yamon/ (missing out destinaiton file name?)

ddaniel51 log entry:
send2FTP --> /opt/data/2017/07/2017-07-22-hourly_data.js sent to FTP site (YAMon3/8500/data3/2017/07/2017-07-22-hourly_data.js)

My log entry:
send2FTP --> /opt/YAMon3/data/2017/07/2017-07-23-hourly_data.js sent to FTP site (yamon/)

Last edited by scope2 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 16:04; edited 1 time in total
halucigenia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
http://usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php

halucigenia wrote:
I just found out about YAMon and am wanting to install it to collect data from my TP-Link Mr200 on which I have just installed LEDE.

I see from reading information above that YAMon now has FTP and also Database logging capability. Will this enable routers without USB capabilities to log externally from the router and run reports?

Thanks , but that is tailored to "These instructions presume that you have already... have mounted a USB drive (preferably with ext4 file system) to /opt/."

What do you do if you have not?
And how do you configure it to use a database for logging?
Or how do you configure it to ftp the data to elsewhere on the network to run reports from without having to store the data on the router?

The final line on those instructions is not very helpful "Answer the prompts in the Setup script and finally launch YAMon!"

I am toying with the idea of installing to an NFS share mounted as the location to install to, but I was hoping that there would be a better way of achieving this...
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
halucigenia wrote:

The ftp only makes backups of users.js, config3.3.js, and the hourly data file. It is not configurable for anything else.

Al has backed off on the database implementation for the foreseeable future.

If your router doesn't have a usb port then you are on your own.

Read Al's website. http://usage-monitoring.com/help/

Last edited by ddaniel51 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:21; edited 1 time in total
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
scope2 wrote:
Config:
_enable_ftp='1'
_ftp_site='192.168.0.8'
_ftp_user='YAMon'
_ftp_pswd='xxxxx'
_ftp_dir='yamon'

What is the ip of your router?
Did you create a shared yamon folder on your NAS? Did you nest the required folders within it? Did you give all the folders read write permissions?

These are the log results of successful ftp's showing the files delivered to the nested folders.

send2FTP --> /opt/data/2017/07/2017-07-22-hourly_data.js sent to FTP site (YAMon3/8500/data3/2017/07/2017-07-22-hourly_data.js)

send2FTP --> /opt/data/users.js sent to FTP site (YAMon3/8500/data3/users.js)

send2FTP --> /opt/YAMon3/www/js/config3.3.js sent to FTP site (YAMon3/8500/js/config3.3.js)

scope2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have had to hook up a wifi booster (basically a repeater) in my house, however I am seeing the same device coming up with 2 different MAC's in the logging, I presume this is based on which entry point into the network they have.. Can anything be done about this? Can they somehow be merged when presented in graphs, etc? Otherwise it makes the graphs and tables slightly wrong.
sribou
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 16:50    Post subject: TypeError: Cannot set property '23' of undefined Reply with quote
Hi,

I use YAMon since many month and I fully reinstalled on R7000 / TomatoUSB Version 1.28 by shibby

Before with YAMon 3.2, no issue but since last update, I fully reinstalled YAMon until 3.3.1

I have this error message of hourly :

Error #4 reading the hourly data file: `data3/2017/07/2017-07-24-hourly_data.js` TypeError: Cannot set property '23' of undefined

And below the content :

var hourly_updated="2017-07-24 09:19:22"
var users_updated="2017-07-22 06:03:08"
var disk_utilization="45%"
var serverUptime="184683.23"
var freeMem="200188",availMem="223144",totMem="255632"
serverloads("0.52","03:59:47","2.53","00:05:24")

If it is talking to someone, any idea ?

Many thanks

Regards.

Last edited by sribou on Tue Jul 25, 2017 13:06; edited 1 time in total
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:59    Post subject: Re: TypeError: Cannot set property '23' of undefined Reply with quote
sribou wrote:
Hi,

I use YAMon since many month and I fully reinstalled on R7000 / TomatoUSB Version 1.28 by shibby

Before with YAMon 3.2, no issue but since last update, I fully reinstalled YAMon until 3.3.1

Error #4 reading the hourly data file: `data3/2017/07/2017-07-24-hourly_data.js` TypeError: Cannot set property '23' of undefined

And below the content :

<<snip>>

Many thanks

Regards.

sribou and anyone else with questions about your data files - sorry to tee-off on you, sribou - but please do not post your data files to this thread... they include your mac addresses and could be used for nefarious purposes by unscrupulous visitors to this forum. Instead, please send that info via PM or (better) to questions@usage-monitoring.com.

End of public service message...

Can you send more info from the browser console window (<ctrl>+<shift>+J in firefox and chrome)... there should be an error message that provides more info about where exactly the error occurs.

In case anyone is wondering why the
Code:
pnd({"hour":"23",...
line appears at the top of the `pnd` entries, it was added several versions ago to ensure that the `measured at router` values (at the bottom of the daily usage table) were correct just after midnight. It might not be necessary after some other changes in the midnight rollover but I've left it in for the time being.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
scope2 wrote:
I have had to hook up a wifi booster (basically a repeater) in my house, however I am seeing the same device coming up with 2 different MAC's in the logging, I presume this is based on which entry point into the network they have.. Can anything be done about this? Can they somehow be merged when presented in graphs, etc? Otherwise it makes the graphs and tables slightly wrong.

Sorry - at the moment, they will be reported as two separate entries (as you've seen). But that can be changed.

Some questions back at you

do the two instances of the device have the same ip address?

do the two instances of the device have completely different MAC addresses or is there some overlap?

If the answer to #1 is yes and #2 some overlap then, it should be a relatively simple change. I can foresee some issues though... in particular if the device only is seen through the booster
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
scope2 wrote:
Config:
_enable_ftp='1'
_ftp_site='192.168.0.8'
_ftp_user='YAMon'
_ftp_pswd='xxxxx'
_ftp_dir='yamon'

What is the ip of your router?
Did you create a shared yamon folder on your NAS? Did you nest the required folders within it? Did you give all the folders read write permissions?

These are the log results of successful ftp's showing the files delivered to the nested folders.

send2FTP --> /opt/data/users.js sent to FTP site (YAMon3/8500/data3/users.js)

send2FTP --> /opt/YAMon3/www/js/config3.3.js sent to FTP site (YAMon3/8500/js/config3.3.js)

I just added a help topic for the FTP settings - see http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=ftp-setup

Al
scope2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:

Sorry - at the moment, they will be reported as two separate entries (as you've seen). But that can be changed.

Some questions back at you

do the two instances of the device have the same ip address?

do the two instances of the device have completely different MAC addresses or is there some overlap?

If the answer to #1 is yes and #2 some overlap then, it should be a relatively simple change. I can foresee some issues though... in particular if the device only is seen through the booster

It seems devices do get the same IP (but not always).. and as for the MAC address: the last 3 segments are the same, the first 3 are different depending on where you come from:

Example:
Router: XX:XX:XX:16:C7:1C
Booster: YY:YY:YY:16:C7:1C

Typically in my household devices will roam between router and booster - hence I am seeing 2 entries in the YAMon logs.
sribou
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 13:14    Post subject: Re: TypeError: Cannot set property '23' of undefined Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
sribou wrote:
Hi,

And below the content :

<<snip>>

Many thanks

Regards.

sribou and anyone else with questions about your data files - sorry to tee-off on you, sribou - but please do not post your data files to this thread... they include your mac addresses and could be used for nefarious purposes by unscrupulous visitors to this forum. Instead, please send that info via PM or (better) to questions@usage-monitoring.com.

End of public service message...

Can you send more info from the browser console window (<ctrl>+<shift>+J in firefox and chrome)... there should be an error message that provides more info about where exactly the error occurs.

In case anyone is wondering why the
Code:
pnd({"hour":"23",...
line appears at the top of the `pnd` entries, it was added several versions ago to ensure that the `measured at router` values (at the bottom of the daily usage table) were correct just after midnight. It might not be necessary after some other changes in the midnight rollover but I've left it in for the time being.

Al

Thanks for your message, i updated mine. Today, i have no error but when i will have I will do it.

Unfortunatelly, i have another repeating issue. Sometimes I have 16 in volume of data download or upload but it is corresponing to nothing and this value seems bigger than the others. how can I fix it ? Many thanks. This time I have it on unknow but sometime it is the same on one of my devices.

Regards.

Capture2.PNG
 Description:
Capture2
 Filesize:  15.86 KB
 Viewed:  7034 Time(s)

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.89 KB
 Viewed:  7034 Time(s)

Capture1.PNG

OdenKnight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 19:31    Post subject: Reporting data usage breakdown issue Reply with quote
Hello All,

Maybe someone has seen this issue before. I have updated to 3.3.1. The Live Usage tab is reporting correct upstream/downstream traffic by device, but when I go to the monthly report, or when I look at individual devices under the Devices tab, or look at the Monthly and Daily Usage tabs, they all show 0's for all devices.

Where did I go wrong in the configuration?

Thank you.

yamon_monthly.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.96 KB
 Viewed:  6991 Time(s)

yamon_monthly.JPG

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17    Post subject: Re: TypeError: Cannot set property '23' of undefined Reply with quote
sribou wrote:

Thanks for your message, i updated mine. Today, i have no error but when i will have I will do it.

Unfortunatelly, i have another repeating issue. Sometimes I have 16 in volume of data download or upload but it is corresponing to nothing and this value seems bigger than the others. how can I fix it ? Many thanks. This time I have it on unknow but sometime it is the same on one of my devices.

Regards.

That error indicates that you have bad values in your hourly usage file... data for a particular device is likely ridiculously big. The best way that I've been able to replicate this issue is to have two instances of the script running simultaneously. Please make sure you have just one instance running by entering
Code:
ps | grep =v grep | grep yam

If there is more that one instance of yamon3.3.x, then you should stop all instances and then run restart.sh

Does this help?

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:21    Post subject: minor display issue in yamon3.3.html Reply with quote
Thanks to long time YAMon user for pointing out an issue with the dates on the top of the Daily Usage tab. I've update yamon3.3.html at http://usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php (or run install.sh again)

Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your help.

Al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 107 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: