YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
KittyChampion wrote:
Hi guys, first time installing YAMon.

I am right now at question #3 of installation process.

My english sucks and i don't understand what "bill roll-over date" means. Google Sad / not found.

Anyway here's how my ISP works

January 1-31: 200GB allowed (if exceeded 200GB limit then 512Kb speed cap, its possible to request extra 50GB/100GB)
February 1: New 200GB (January leftover data is NOT added to next month aka February's 200GB)
January bill is issued between 1-7th of February
and so on

Thank you!

enter 1 at that prompt... the roll-over date is the day on which your ISP bill resets.

(BTW - your written English appears to be just fine... likely *way* better than any attempt I could make in yours Smile )

Al
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 13:58    Post subject: Re: Repeater bridge issue Reply with quote
moh1t wrote:
Hi Al

Has there been a fix to the repeater bridge issue yet? (where data for all devices behind the bridge was getting counted at the bridge)

TIA

Short answer... no. But that doesn't mean that it's been completely out of my mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong but your concern is that sometimes a device connects to your router with MAC address `A`, then later through your bridge with MAC address `B` and the reports shows them as two devices with separate totals. And, very importantly, there is a common pattern that links A to B... right?

If yes, (in simple terms) all that is needed is some coding logic to make the link. And, based upon a recent moment of inspiration (I won't say where I was at the time), I'm now thinking that this can/should be handled on the reporting side rather than on the router... in fact I know almost exactly where in the reporting code it would happen!

Can you send some data files to questions@usage-monitoring.com - in particular, your users.js as well as hourly and monthly data files? I can then set up a reporting environment and test a solution.

As I think more about this, if this approach is extended somewhat further, I imagine it could take a lot of complexity out of the code on the router (but would likely result in a somewhat larger users.js file)... I'm going to have to noodle on this.

Al
RoyalOrange
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having trouble understanding the hourly traffic page. Currently it is 9:11 AM yet this is displayed:

Edit: I didn't see that my router wasn't set to central time. Now that the router's time is fixed is there a way I can have YAMon push back all time by 7 hours?
KittyChampion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. I added some static leases on DD-WRT so i can see the hostnames on both DD-WRT & YAMon. But YAMon is still showing old names or "New-Device-01", etc. Is it possible to update/configure it so YAMon can follow DDWRT's hostnames? I know its possible to change names/groups/color on YAMon.

2. I changed the time on router by adding custom pool server and selecting different time zone. Does it affect YAMon in some way or yamon is aware of everything?

3. Measured @ Router (On Daily usage report) is daily traffic in DDWRT > Status > WAN > Traffic by Month, right?

It says (Tue 03 Oct 2017)
Measured @ Router: 445.0 21.4 466.3

But on DD-WRT
October 3 2017 (Incoming: 210 MB / Outgoing: 3 MB)

Possibly messed up by time zone change i did in Q2?

Thanks (new to both YAMON & DDWRT) Razz
zmeikov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 15:22    Post subject: Re: Just posted YAMon 3.3.3 Reply with quote
al_c wrote:

[*]Added the option to archive your live usage data (which adds a new parameter in config.file) - i.e., all of the live updates get appended to a new file in your data directory.

How can I utilize the archive of my live usage data? Is there a way to play it back?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 16:19    Post subject: Re: Just posted YAMon 3.3.3 Reply with quote
zmeikov wrote:
al_c wrote:

[*]Added the option to archive your live usage data (which adds a new parameter in config.file) - i.e., all of the live updates get appended to a new file in your data directory.

How can I utilize the archive of my live usage data? Is there a way to play it back?

one day perhaps... atm it is just a dump.
andrew77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello. I am new to dd-wrt and Yamon and looking to buy a secondhand router for the purpose of monitoring usage of individual devices.

I am in the UK and looking for a budget router (around £30 on eBay) to put dd-wrt to Yamon onto. It must have at least 4 LAN ports. It will be connected to the ISP router for Internet. I preferably want a tried and tested router which is stable and easy to install. Is 8MB flash enough for Yamon and are there any other minimum requirements for Yamon to run? Any router suggestions would also be much appreciated. Thanks.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
andrew77 wrote:
Hello. I am new to dd-wrt and Yamon and looking to buy a secondhand router for the purpose of monitoring usage of individual devices.

I am in the UK and looking for a budget router (around £30 on eBay) to put dd-wrt to Yamon onto. It must have at least 4 LAN ports. It will be connected to the ISP router for Internet. I preferably want a tried and tested router which is stable and easy to install. Is 8MB flash enough for Yamon and are there any other minimum requirements for Yamon to run? Any router suggestions would also be much appreciated. Thanks.

8mb is ok; more is always better.
make sure it has at least one USB port.

al
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
UPDATE on Flash Drives

I'm running YAMon HTML: 3.3.4 / Script: 3.3.3 on one of my R7000s and 2 other family members which have a R7000 Build 33010Mv3 and an E3000 Build 33006. I had YAMon3 loaded on the USB2 ports with Scandisk 8GB Fit Flash Drives. The R7000s USB drives where formated as EXT4 and the E3000 USB Drive was limited to NTFS and FAT on Build 33006 and was using NTFS.

The 2 family routers have very high Internet activity compared to mine. I have been monitoring these new builds and noticed the Router uptime was Reset everyday. I have many services running on these Routers along with YAMon3. After a couple of days trying to pin-point the problem it was initially caused by YAMon3. Disabling YAMon3 on these 2 Routers the I had over 7 days of uptime. So I starting testing (on a PC) the Scandisk 8GB Fit Drives and Read speeds was about 35MB/s and Write was about 4MB/s, write speeds looked slow but the E3000 was a slow USB performer too plus I the drive was formated NTFS and later learned FAT was a better performed than NTFS. I had some ScanDisk 32GB USB3 Ultra Fit Flash Drives with Read speeds of 130MB/s and Write speeds of 42MB/s. I replaced the the slower flash drives for these faster USB3 flash drives, on the E3000 I aslo formatted it FAT32 and the R7000 drive formated with EXT4 and connected to the USB3 port. Re-installed YAMon3 on both Routers and now have had over 4 days of uptime, no reboots with these very active Routers.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
bytebandit01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
when my ISP goes down and then comes back after a couple of hours.. YAMon doesn't load even if the connection is already working.. it only shows an error "Error #4 reading the hourly data file: `data3/2017/10/2017-10-08-hourly_data.js` Not Found"

i tried reloading the page and tried all the other tabs but still doesn't load the data even if YAMon is still is running.. the only way for me to get it working again is to do a shutdown.sh and restart.sh

may i suggest to have an option for YAMon to either check if the connection is working again and if so then generate a new hourly_data.js if it is not found so as to get rid of that error when the connection is already up again or just simply create the missing hourly_data.js if it is not found..
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
When your ISP goes down what happens to the router YAMon is running on?
Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
bytebandit01 wrote:
when my ISP goes down and then comes back after a couple of hours.. YAMon doesn't load even if the connection is already working.. it only shows an error "Error #4 reading the hourly data file: `data3/2017/10/2017-10-08-hourly_data.js` Not Found"

i tried reloading the page and tried all the other tabs but still doesn't load the data even if YAMon is still is running.. the only way for me to get it working again is to do a shutdown.sh and restart.sh

may i suggest to have an option for YAMon to either check if the connection is working again and if so then generate a new hourly_data.js if it is not found so as to get rid of that error when the connection is already up again or just simply create the missing hourly_data.js if it is not found..

Do you notice your router uptime getting reset?

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
bytebandit01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
mac913 wrote:
bytebandit01 wrote:

Do you notice your router uptime getting reset?

it didn't reset.. the uptime just continues from the last time the router was restarted..
bytebandit01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
When your ISP goes down what happens to the router YAMon is running on?

the router remained running without any random reboot issues..

what i noticed is that this error only occurs when my ISP is down for at least 1-2 hours and more.. however if my ISP would only be down and back up within the next couple of minutes say within the hour then YAMon would still be running fine..

when and how is hourly_data.js created? and what causes it not to be created successfully? usb write error perhaps? or probably an instance/event that got interrupted?
DiRTDOG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 23:25    Post subject: Notification Reply with quote
Hi all, sorry I have not read all 100+ threads, but I did read the website and dont think I saw anything mentioned about sending a notification when I will reach my cap, is this a capability. I would like a notification via email etc on a set limit.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 119 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: